July 2021 Mosquito Lagoon New Smyrna Beach Backcountry

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CaptMikeSavedow

July 2021 Mosquito Lagoon New Smyrna Beach Backcountry

Post by CaptMikeSavedow »

Is a fun summer here on the Indian River at New Smyrna and Daytona Beach in the backwaters of Mosquito Lagoon, summer catching has many different species with my style of variety fishing, Speckled Trout, Snook, Black Drum, Redfish, Mangrove Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish, Whiting, also “lesser fish” like Silver Trout, Lane Snapper, Croakers and others. Mornings are the usual for summer trips, before the heat and possible afternoon rain showers during this our rainy season. Fall will be here before we know it, I am looking forward to that after a long Florida summer, Joe from Nebraska with a good Black Drum a fun battle on light tackle ……………

An occasional small Permit has been the normal for a few years now in the back country, young Lawson from Georgia had a good tussle with this one on my light tackle ……………..

Jack Crevalle are a staple rod bender most all year here in the intracoastal waterway, immature ones the usual from about 1 to 5 lbs, local client Vera with a fun size jacky …………..

Mike from Ohio pulled a nice Black Drum off an oyster crusted drop off ……………

I have been seeing many Black Drum last few years with some abnormal stripes, Michelle from St. Louis caught one with a little deviation on it’s stripes …………..

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com