Almost Fall Y’all!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BloodyChamp

Re: Almost Fall Y’all!

Post by BloodyChamp »

Good looking fish and scallops. Fall isn’t my favorite time of year but I do like the fall fishing stories because all the fishermen still fishing after summer are the real fisherman. The rough crowd has gone on to the deer hunting and any picture of any fish you see was either let go or ate within a few days.
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

BloodyChamp wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:55 pm Good looking fish and scallops. Fall isn’t my favorite time of year but I do like the fall fishing stories because all the fishermen still fishing after summer are the real fisherman. The rough crowd has gone on to the deer hunting and any picture of any fish you see was either let go or ate within a few days.
Don't post a lot on here enjoy reading more I guess but I do like to fish even do some in the fall but I like to deer hunt as well guess that puts me in the rough crowd. Been called a lot of things in my life but I guess that's the first time I've ever been called rough before not even sure what that means. But thanks I guess. You have a nice day sir.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

O come off it. If you have ever read here before surely you’ve seen me or others refer to certain people or things without generalizing all people or things. The rough crowd deer hunts but the rough crowd doesn’t necessarily make up all deer hunters ever, just as the rough crowd fishes but doesn’t make up all fishermen ever. If you want to lump yourself in with that crowd I still won’t judge you until I actually see you shoot a deer at night then let it go bad when you wake up from your hangover at 1 the next day, but to take offense to what I first said seems to be choosing that hill to stand on. That same crowd is the crowd that also stands at the pipe at Hickory Mound and loads a cooler with short Reds, loads a cooler somewhere full of 200 bream that they might actually clean because bream are easy to clean, then throw them in the freezer until they throw them away a year later, etc. I’m a fisherman but I’ve never done that, and I’m not so full of my own fish eggs that I would take offense to somebody ripping those people who do that because we have that bare bones fact that we fish in common.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Yikes. Can we please get back to the original thread? Those were great pics and a nice report earlier. I can only add that even with the rains, some SMNWR creeks are still holding seatrout and reds, which are hitting best about an hour on either side of high/low slack tide. Just not in the great numbers fall weather should usher in.
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

BloodyChamp wrote: September 17th, 2021, 4:12 pm O come off it. If you have ever read here before surely you’ve seen me or others refer to certain people or things without generalizing all people or things. The rough crowd deer hunts but the rough crowd doesn’t necessarily make up all deer hunters ever, just as the rough crowd fishes but doesn’t make up all fishermen ever. If you want to lump yourself in with that crowd I still won’t judge you until I actually see you shoot a deer at night then let it go bad when you wake up from your hangover at 1 the next day, but to take offense to what I first said seems to be choosing that hill to stand on. That same crowd is the crowd that also stands at the pipe at Hickory Mound and loads a cooler with short Reds, loads a cooler somewhere full of 200 bream that they might actually clean because bream are easy to clean, then throw them in the freezer until they throw them away a year later, etc. I’m a fisherman but I’ve never done that, and I’m not so full of my own fish eggs that I would take offense to somebody ripping those people who do that because we have that bare bones fact that we fish in common.
Don't condone any of those things either. I took offense at something I perceived you meant. I was obviously wrong. I apologize to you and anyone else I may have offended. Party on sir.