Almost Fall Y’all!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Almost Fall Y’all!

Post by Red Beard »

Summer time is starting to wrap up and water temps are starting to slowly drop. Of course we have had some help from these storms of lately, but i’m not complaining.

The mullet are already gaining size and adding fat in preperation for their annual run. The shrimp are starting to show up in numbers as well. Can’t wade through any grass without seeing them pop to the surface. This can only mean one thing, its almost fall! That time of year where fishing is electric and the days become shorter.

Scallop season in Wakulla county only has a couple weeks left and they will reach their size potential. Though the numbers aren’t as easily to come by; a limit can still be had with a little work and keeping your eyes peeled.

The redfish bite is shaping up to be on fire as we gear up for autumn fishing. Trout will start positioning themselves into the shallower water as it cools down. And flounder.. well what is there to say? The flounder this season have been everywhere, I fully expect that to contiune going into this season. Bait remains to be plentiful in the area keeping the larger predator fish fat and happy.

Both artificial and live bait are getting the job done. Multiple redfish are holding off the same oyster structures allowong for double ups. Speckled trout are still rolling in packs on the grass flats, and have been a blast to catch all season. Sandtrout have also starting appearing and are a welcome sign the season is changing.

Personally I’m looking forward to this fall season and getting a breather from the heat. Ready to welcome the change of pace fishing autumn brings. And do not forget the sheepshead, as they will start lurking about almost anywhere with barnacles attached. Also one of my favorite fish to eat.

We have made it through one of the hottest summers I can remember; even though I say that every year; this one was a scorcher. So get your gear prepped and ready I’m talking buffalo wings, chips and dips, the pumpkin spice, and your favorite sports gear.. it’s football season and the fish are biting!

Tight Lines and tighter knots!
-Capt Red Beard

Sent from the Yeet3
Last edited by Red Beard on August 31st, 2021, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
slow motion

Re: Almost Fall Y’all!

Post by slow motion »

Great report brother. Thanks for sharing. Go Dawgs! And starting to become a Noles fan too.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Some quality fishes there!

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Glad to see a good report-Thanks for the pics and info and good times ahead!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report Capt :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Red Beard

Almost Fall Y’all!

Post by Red Beard »

SlowMotion… Go Dawgs!

Thanks guys, I will try to do better at posting more fishing reports and will start adding some tactics that have been working for me. I get so wrapped up in everything I forget to share more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishbster12

Post by Fishbster12 »

Thanks for the report.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Waiting on my 4 days weekend in East Point later this month! Think I'll take the crab traps and see what we can catch.

Thanks for the pics!
dropaline

Post by dropaline »

can't wait for cooler weather and some great fishing. Thanks for getting me excited!!!!!!!!!
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Fired up for Fall!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice report. Can't wait to hit the water for fall fishing. Finally got a new truck to pull the boat with. :-D
squiffynole

Post by squiffynole »

That's some fantastic stuff, love the Redfish! My best catch on Friday not so good -

Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Big pods of thread-fin today on the flats around six foot of water.

Spanish are in thick right now, caught a boat load of them past few days with some jacks, trout, and blues mixed in. Majority of the macks are around 20”. Even had some sharks show up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Red Beard wrote: September 6th, 2021, 9:26 pmSpanish are in thick right now . . .
Went out Friday afternoon and caught a flounder, red and black drum. Saturday and Monday only got one Spanish and 5 crabs. Water is still pretty warm around the lighthouse.
Leoparddog

Post by Leoparddog »

I made my first Big Bend fishing trips out this weekend. Caught 3 nice trout, a few smalls and that was about it. Really just trying to learn my way around the bay. Sunday we ran out to Ochlocknee shoals and rotary reef area. I say area since I don't think I found the actual reef but did find a old buoy so maybe I did and I just can't interpret my sonar. Still a very nice couple of days to be on the water with the new boat.