Random Pompano

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishforfun

Random Pompano

Post by fishforfun »

I have caught 2 random pompano (not Jacks) the last couple of months near St Marks. Caught fishing with a float for trout on flats near a channel. The same areas I have fished for years and never seen a pompano. I wondered if others have caught them and how best to target them in our area.
FishWithChris

Re: Random Pompano

Post by FishWithChris »

Not common, but not uncommon! There have been catches reported even towards Aucilla! Glad to see more popping up here, delicious little fishes.

Shrimp? Cut bait ? Arti's?

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I've been hearing about more pompano caught out of st marks this year than the past decade combined.
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Perhaps they are lost from all the dirty water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Tide-Dancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tide-Dancer »

The pompano are heading back south now. The water is cooling down, so the pomp fishing should pick up. Many good reports coming from Pensacola. So they are headed back south now. :smt006
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Where should I meet them? Sandy beaches like mashes sand's, bald point, ochlockonee shoals?