St Marks report Sunday

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

geofish

St Marks report Sunday

Post by geofish »

Had a chance to go for a few hours Sunday morning. North winds blowing out made things sporty even on the flats. Nothing in shallow on grass flats east of the lighthouse or the rock garden. Let the winds blow-drift us out to 4 feet, still nothing. Finally we went out to a small shoal 3-4 feet deep surrounded by 6-8 feet and found scattered trout. Caught a half-dozen 14-inchers, and my buddy caught one good 20-incher on cut bait. A few sailcats and some tiny BSB and a small shark rounded out the morning. Water temps 73 to 75 degrees.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: St Marks report Sunday

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Water temps getting right, I'll be down Friday so maybe things will pick up

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

I was there Sunday too and had the same results inshore. Motor wasn't running right so I didn't venture far.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Saturday I was in the East river and west side of St Marks and the water temp was 81 degrees. Couldn't find any good fish, just cats and a toad.
2true

Post by 2true »

We went out last week, Turkey Point, St. Teresa and Alligator Harbor and again the water was so stained you couldn't see the bottom in 2 foot of water. Shark and Cat fest.