Keaton Beach 10/23/21

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

leonreno

Keaton Beach 10/23/21

Post by leonreno »

Fished Keaton by myself Saturday from about 9:00am til 5:00pm. Water temps 73-75. Dirty water farther north of Keaton and crystal clear towards Keaton, didn’t venture south of Keaton. Lots of dead fish floating around Keaton, went away a little north of Keaton. Mostly smaller fish like pins, croakers, cats, and I think puffers. Saw a couple larger fish I think were black drum. Evidently red tide.

Fished shallow to 6-7 feet. Best trout bite 3-5 feet. Floated in with the tide and saw a good number of reds and trout in the clear shallow water <2’. But hard to get a bite in the clear water. Had a few bites but no good hook ups in the clear water, they were spooky.

Found 3 keeper trout in the 3-5 foot and 2 slot reds (one released) in about 3’ at high tide in some dirty water near the shore. Lost a couple more reds right after I caught the first two reds.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach 10/23/21

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report, nice work. Sad news about the red tide.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven