Bottom's Road 10-26-21

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Phil. 4:8

Bottom's Road 10-26-21

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Have an ole buddy in from Texas who wanted to catch a red fish. We loaded the skiff and headed out to Panacea. Got some bait and ice and drove out to Bottom's Road. Got there about 7:30am and motored to the outside of Piney Island to fish the shoreline. Had barely settled in when a red (we think) took off and the fun was on. 30 seconds later I bring in a broken hook and no fish. Don't you just hate that? Okay, one for the red team. Mr. Texas casts next to shore and he's got a nice red. I got the net and enjoyed watching him wrestling with a 20+" red on light tackle. In was worth the price of admission. Shorten the long story, we put his red in the cooler and that wrapped up our keeper for the day. Caught a bunch of short trout, and not one keeper. Fished longer than we should have and wound up pushing the skiff off the flats. If you go to Piney Island make sure it's on an incoming tide. It gets dry pretty fast. The sun rise was beautiful, the weather was great the and winds were light. Water temp was about 75 degrees and clarity was a little tea colored. We fried up his red his for supper along with some catfish which made a good day great. Y'all get out there and catch some fish and enjoy yours friends and family.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Bottom's Road 10-26-21

Post by Salty Gator »

Sounds like a nice day, thanks for the report
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
squiffynole

Post by squiffynole »

Phil. 4:8 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:54 am Have an ole buddy in from Texas who wanted to catch a red fish. We loaded the skiff and headed out to Panacea. Got some bait and ice and drove out to Bottom's Road. Got there about 7:30am and motored to the outside of Piney Island to fish the shoreline. Had barely settled in when a red (we think) took off and the fun was on. 30 seconds later I bring in a broken hook and no fish. Don't you just hate that? Okay, one for the red team. Mr. Texas casts next to shore and he's got a nice red. I got the net and enjoyed watching him wrestling with a 20+" red on light tackle. In was worth the price of admission. Shorten the long story, we put his red in the cooler and that wrapped up our keeper for the day. Caught a bunch of short trout, and not one keeper. Fished longer than we should have and wound up pushing the skiff off the flats. If you go to Piney Island make sure it's on an incoming tide. It gets dry pretty fast. The sun rise was beautiful, the weather was great the and winds were light. Water temp was about 75 degrees and clarity was a little tea colored. We fried up his red his for supper along with some catfish which made a good day great. Y'all get out there and catch some fish and enjoy yours friends and family.
Nice!
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Nice job!
. If you go to Piney Island make sure it's on an incoming tide. It gets dry pretty fast.
Especially with a north wind!
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?