The flats are heating up and cooling off!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

The flats are heating up and cooling off!

Post by fishinfool »

Went out 11/1 2021. Headed east of the lighthouse and stopped at a close flat while waiting for the tide to get in. Picked up a couple of short trout, bite was very slow.
Headed to a hump about two miles from the party bar. Found excellent water clarity. Approximately 6 feet visibility with very little floating grass. Water temp was 65 degrees which was very surprising that it had dropped 10 degrees in only one week.
After plodding through various spots with little action, I stopped at "The Pumpkin Patch" and hooked up with two nice slot reds and a little football of a trout. Left them biting.
Had a nice day and headed to the hill about 1:00pm. The flats bite is heating up. Time to get out there and get on them.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: The flats are heating up and cooling off!

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report Jim, glad you found ‘em
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Good report, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squiffynole

Post by squiffynole »

fishinfool wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 8:03 am Went out 11/1 2021. Headed east of the lighthouse and stopped at a close flat while waiting for the tide to get in. Picked up a couple of short trout, bite was very slow.
Headed to a hump about two miles from the party bar. Found excellent water clarity. Approximately 6 feet visibility with very little floating grass. Water temp was 65 degrees which was very surprising that it had dropped 10 degrees in only one week.
After plodding through various spots with little action, I stopped at "The Pumpkin Patch" and hooked up with two nice slot reds and a little football of a trout. Left them biting.
Had a nice day and headed to the hill about 1:00pm. The flats bite is heating up. Time to get out there and get on them.
Good for you! I went out on Tuesday and had a similar experience minus the sweet Reds.

BTW bird watchers, bikers, and picnicers were spread over the landside at St. Marks Wildlife Refuge. On Wednesday I launched at Coe Landing, the east end of Lake Talquin was very beautiful with even more birds than St. Marks.

Hoping to get back out the middle of next week if the weather permits.
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Very nice, Jim. Great report, Fish’n is heating up. See you soon, gotta reel that needs your attention.
Tide-Dancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tide-Dancer »

:thumbup: