Veterans Day 2021- St. Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SouthernPointe

Veterans Day 2021- St. Marks

Post by SouthernPointe »

It has been since late spring since I have been able to play on the flats. I could not have picked a better day to be out on the water. A friend of mine was also able to join, which was his first time specifically targeting redfish and only has started avidly fishing just recently.

At day light we managed to get through the fog. The water seemed stained with floating grass and the Water temp was 69 to 71°. Air temp was 65 with a breeze out of the east southeast which died around 9. Forecasted a 10-15mph S wind.

We fished creeks with gold and Texas tea ADL spoons. Trout were on a broke-back rebel. Between the two of us, we landed over 12 reds and three trout with the majority of our reds being between 24-22”. Bait fish and mullet are still plentiful. We were off the water by 1 PM.

Thank you to all that have served so I could do my favorite past time. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by SouthernPointe on November 11th, 2021, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Veterans Day 2021- St. Marks

Post by Redbelly »

Nice day!! :D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

That's awesome! salute2
All I caught today before the wind chased me off the water was 23 trout born with their tails too close to their heads.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

Juan wrote:That's awesome! salute2
All I caught today before the wind chased me off the water was 23 trout born with their tails too close to their heads.
That doesn’t seem all too bad. I’d rather catch that then go to work tomorrow.

geofish

Post by geofish »

Y'all did good. I hit several spots on the flats and then went to some offshore rocks to pick up some BSB. Came back in to Cobb rocks and "caught" the biggest gator trout I've hooked in a while. Got her to the boat, got sloppy and tried to swing her onboard without a net, and you can guess how that ended.
We'll consider that as an in-water release for a momma trout that makes lots of baby trout.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

SouthernPointe, days like that are what keep me coming back. Glad you guys were able to find a few. Where did you put in? Just trying to confirm a strategy for my Sunday trip.
SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

We put in at the fort and headed east of the light house. My friend was amazed of all the rocks out of the water at low tide.

It’s going to be cold. I hope you catch many. Stay safe.

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice fish!! Bet it was nice out there, weather was awesome yesterday, well while I was at work it was

Mckayaker

Post by Mckayaker »

Also out there yesterday. We got on the water around 11. Found no love on the bars at the river mouth. Went out and drifted the east flats where we picked up two keeper trout - one a nice eighteen incher - and a keeper Black Sea bass, amongst the dozen shorts we caught. Wind laid down after noon and the afternoon was glorious. Only bad part was the low tide being at 2 kept us from the creek mouths where others found great success in the morning.

SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

Mckayaker wrote:Also out there yesterday. We got on the water around 11. Found no love on the bars at the river mouth. Went out and drifted the east flats where we picked up two keeper trout - one a nice eighteen incher - and a keeper Black Sea bass, amongst the dozen shorts we caught. Wind laid down after noon and the afternoon was glorious. Only bad part was the low tide being at 2 kept us from the creek mouths where others found great success in the morning.

Yup, our day ended when the water got too skinny. Fortunately, I didn’t have to get in the water to push.

We drifted for 20-30 min and caught a 15.5 and 18” trout and then the bite died. We were in 3’ of water when fishing for the trout.

mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I took my preacher and father in law out same day about noon and we fished til about 2;30.we caught about ten reds and around 15 trout with about 5 trout being over 20 in all on the lil 80 unfairlures stick minnows in 2 to 3 ft of water
SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

https://youtu.be/qAtBQej0FLs

Here is the video my fishing partner made. Don’t judge the dirty boat.