What was I doing wrong on Sunday?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: What was I doing wrong on Sunday?

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Motor=registration in Florida

I chose my aluminum, 25hp tiller over my 22’ bay boat. Could have gone almost everywhere with both, but easier to fish and clean the small boat with a 2 year old.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
BeeeReady

Post by BeeeReady »

Leoparddog wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:30 am
BeeeReady wrote: December 21st, 2021, 9:40 am I like a good outgoing tide to concentrate fish. Moving water is your best friend. When I fish a bar, structure or the like, I just dont throw shallow to the bar, I try to survey the water flow and ledges. These provide good ambush points if your baits are presented naturally. With this clear water you should try clear baits, and darker water try some darker natural looking baits. Im not a fan of bright colors in dark water. i dont think it looks natural. Even with the warmer weather and water temps, a slow presentation and smaller baits will sometimes help your catch ratio. Cold weather should be here soon dont worry! Good luck to you.
Thanks BeeeReady,
So what are good cold weather strategies? I'm hoping the weather will be good, or at least fishable this weekend.
During cold weather I like to fish deep holes in creek bends using the Heavydine by mirrolure. Cold sunny days I'll use Ned rigs ( check out Ned Rigs on YouTube on flats class tv). Smaller profile diesel minnow on a 3/16 oz jighead are good too. I'll fish the river occasionally but prefer deep creeks and bends. Slow is the key. I don't use lots of live bait, but shrimp on light line will get you trout and mangrove snappers in the river.
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

SHOWBOAT wrote: December 21st, 2021, 4:27 pm Fished the rise Sunday with my son. Trout and reds both to 26”. Creeks and flats produced. Find hard structure and moving water, preferably not being thrashed by others.

AC86E538-A9AA-413F-B792-34086AA82373.jpeg427A6D66-3D06-418F-9E97-6880A589B88A.jpeg2134C0A1-187E-4B4E-A6EC-D5F9A3382C43.jpeg
Great pics. I remember those days with my boys. Hoping to do such on day with grandchildren. Thanks for taking me back.