St. Marks River - 12/4/21

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TOWM

St. Marks River - 12/4/21

Post by TOWM »

We found some redfish along the oyster bars between markers 37 and 36. My son caught his first redfish…a 15” red. Live shrimp on the bottom worked best. We fished the rising tide until 1:30pm. No trout 🙁 We caught a stingray and some catfish too. I completely forgot to check the water temperature. The water clarity was better than 3’, and the weatherman got the forecast wrong, as usual. It was warmer than predicted and cloudier, but the steady breeze made it feel good and kept the bugs away.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks River - 12/4/21

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Nice report! I think the water temp around there 2 weeks ago was 64. Must be cooling off more on the flats.
Ted in Tallahassee

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

I have failed to catch any keeper trout or redfish in the last 4 or 5 trips. Granted a couple of those trips were short but still. My usual reliable spots have been a bust lately. I’m glad somebody is catching something. But the weather on those days have been absolutely beautiful so I’m not complaining.