St Marks 12/17 night trip

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BeeeReady

St Marks 12/17 night trip

Post by BeeeReady »

Hit the water Friday afternoon about 1pm with two buddies Brian and Marty. Hit creek mouths on the last of high tide (1:47 pm) and into low tide (6:37 pm).
We caught trout on live shrimp on bobbers, but lures produced bigger trout and some nice surprise hard fighting Bluefish. We fished the high tide back into the creeks, certain and confident to catch fish with shrimp on night bobbies, but only caught a few catfish. We had PBJ's under the stars and a Yuengling or two. A good sized gator came by for a look at us, then disappeared into the darkness. There was an airboat East of us around Grey Mare I guess, and we wondered what they were doing. At 12:00 midnight right when the tide was pretty high we decided to call it a night and head back to the fort. It certainly was fun and it was a full moon. No wind at all. It was like a mirror on the water. All of our trout were caught during daylight hours. Our total count was 31 trout, five bluefish, a stray ladyfish and a few catfish we caught when the sun went down. The weather was so warm, I can't believe we were out there in shorts and t-shirts at 10:00 at night. I threw a couple mirrolures at night, but nothing would hit them. Water quality A-, water temp 67-68 °, Wind A+. Better than the fishing was being out with two of my favorite people. We released all the fish to swim away and just brought back some good memories.
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks 12/17 night trip

Post by Salty Gator »

Cool report. I like fishing at night also, been a while tho. Thanks for posting.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

One thing I've wanted to do for a while

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Man that’s a good trip with the boys, nothing much better than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk