St. Marks 1/23

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 1/23

Post by ugadawg »

Made it down to the river yesterday, cold and breezy. Managed a few keepers up river but it was slow. Went down below the fort a bit and the shorts were stacked up below the ladyfish. Get it down below the ladyfish and there was a 11-14" trout every cast. Took my 4 year old out after we found them and he had an absolute blast. If you have kids and want to put them on some easy fish, now is the time (as long as you don't want to keep any)
doomtrpr_z71

Re: St. Marks 1/23

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Glad y'all had a much more productive time than my last trip to St marks

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Sounds like a fun day and size doesn't matter. (At least that's what I tell my wife) :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Saltydawg

Post by Saltydawg »

Sounds awesome. I am headed down for a day trip in a week or so and will probably try the creek mouths but does anyone ever do any slow trolling in the river channel? I’ve heard of folks locating fish that way in the Steinhatchee River.
MaxB

Post by MaxB »

TY for the info & glad you had a good day.
Will be there this weekend.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Fun times, hoping to take the kids this weekend if don’t freeze to death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Saltydawg wrote: January 26th, 2022, 2:13 pm Sounds awesome. I am headed down for a day trip in a week or so and will probably try the creek mouths but does anyone ever do any slow trolling in the river channel? I’ve heard of folks locating fish that way in the Steinhatchee River.
You will see a few boats slow trolling when the fish ( and boats) get stacked up in the cold
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven