Running From Mouth of St Marks River to Aucilla River flats

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Running From Mouth of St Marks River to Aucilla River flats

Post by onefishtwofish »

BeeeReady wrote: March 10th, 2022, 10:25 am Re I am in agreement with Red Beard.
It doesn't take a rock much smaller than a soccer ball to ruin your lower unit or your day. These do not show up on maps. The best tool you have is your eyes.Although time consuming, several trips on a low tide exploring at low speed or idle speed is the way to go. Never become overconfident because we all know rocks are migratory. Rocks don't die they multiply! Good luck and be careful.
True dat Beeee. I was just out there on low tide and it is pretty sobering how many foot ruining rocks are out there from the rock garden to econfina. Not only would I never trust something like FMT or Navionics, I don't even trust my own breadcrumb tracks unless it is sure enough high tide. Just a foot off can ruin your day.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?