Snook

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sundown
Site Sponsor

Snook

Post by sundown »

Nephew was fishing just north of Steinhatchee yesterday. He and friend limited out on trout and reds in a couple hours.He caught a snook that looked 28" to 30" from picture he texted me. Can't believe they're showing up this early.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Snook

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

My wife may just have to be mad that I miss opening weekend of turkey season.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Got a question? Are there regulations on Snook that apply to our area? If so what are they? If caught one would love to know if could keep it . Thanks :-D
STMU

Post by STMU »

Hit-n-Miss wrote: March 21st, 2022, 8:21 am Got a question? Are there regulations on Snook that apply to our area? If so what are they? If caught one would love to know if could keep it . Thanks :-D
We follow the general Gulf Snook fishing regulations, which are closed from Dec. 1-end of February and May 1-Aug. 31 (direct copy from FWC). Why they don't just say open this date...I don't know, but they are open through the end of April. They are also under slot, 28" - 33" for the Gulf, and only 1 per person. You also have to buy a snook permit in addition to your recreational fishing license. Caught quite a few in the crystal river area last week, very tasty fish.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

they are here year round. Both of them I've caught locally were winter fish.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Just my 2-cents. I don't usually try to preach to anyone about keeping fish but....... Please don't keep the snook. They are just spreading to our area and are a great game fish. Let's give them time to multiply for now. From the reports I read, the guys on this forum already know how to catch plenty of trout. The trout taste better than snook anyways.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

And don't post possession pics when out of season beyond while in the act of fishing.

They're here, and population is growing... Just please catch/release.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image