May 2022 Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry New Smyrna Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CaptMikeSavedow

May 2022 Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry New Smyrna Beach

Post by CaptMikeSavedow »

Nice spring weather continues here on the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon at New Smyrna Beach Florida, cool mornings, warm afternoons, with a nice spring breeze, schooling fun inshore gamefish Jack Crevalle, Bluefish and Ladyfish are easy targets for light tackle action, also bites from Seatrout, Black Drum, Whiting, Pompano as well as an occasional Redfish or Snook, also there is always the surprise fish that hits with this type of variety fishing. Water temperatures are rising as the transition to summer is happening this month, starting times will be earlier for my summer trips, out at sunrise to take advantage of as much of the early morning bite as possible. Young Weston was out with me along with his family here visiting from Virginia, he had bragging rights with this very nice backwaters Black Drum …………….

Speaking of the surprise catches out in the Edgewater Backcountry, Sharon from Ohio caught and released on my light tackle rods this good Permit …………….

Spotted Seatrout have long been a regular catch here on the Indian River, numbers are down the last few years with stricter size limits, so I try to do photo and release on Specks now days, Samantha from Vermont with a nice little Trout we released to hopefully go out and reproduce …………….

Young Lawson, repeat clients with her dad from Atlanta did a great job catching and holding her nice Black Drum for the photo shot before we sent it back into the water ……………..

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide