Scalloping/Fishing Keaton Beach 7/1/22

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Scalloping/Fishing Keaton Beach 7/1/22

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

My wife and I along a good friend and son got to the landing at 7:00. Wanted to go over the weekend but did not want to be part of that zoo. So we went Friday. Image
We got launched easily and headed out the canal. Decided to fish south today since it was close to where we were going to scallop. Image
Usually the fishing isn’t that great this time of year and we are just killing time before getting in the water. But surprisingly we found a good bite in 7’ of water. Lots of shorts and some keepers. With all the steady action my friends son wanted to keep fishing. That boy can catch fish. But we had to get to swimming. Image
Despite a 70% rain forecast there was no rain all day and almost slick calm. We were a good ways from the armada and the scallops were there. Image
We got our limit and got them cleaned. Then we moved out to deeper water to dump the shells and fish a little while longer. They weren’t biting so we decided to head in. Image
Only took a few minutes to get loaded and head out. Was a great day! Can’t wait to do it again. Image
Forgot the cooler pic today. Note to self: KGILOTD there KIGIHTD not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on July 2nd, 2022, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Scalloping/Fishing Keaton Beach 7/1/22

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report Greg, looks fun. Are the scallops big this year?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Scalloping/Fishing Keaton Beach 7/1/22

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Salty Gator wrote:Thanks for the report Greg, looks fun. Are the scallops big this year?
They were average size shells but most of the meats were the size of the last digit of your thumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk