Steinhatchee Nov 6

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Saltydawg

Steinhatchee Nov 6

Post by Saltydawg »

Went west yesterday towards Dallus Creek, so foggy till almost noon you couldn’t see from one channel marker to the next and avoiding crab trap floats once on plane was an adventure. Water is clear as gin and water temps around 65-66 and seagrass looks awesome. Only problem was the fish weren’t biting, least slot size. My wife and I caught only 3 keeper trout and probably 20 undersized, and I mean undersized. Only 3 of the shorts needed measuring, the rest were probably 9-12 inches. Got 2 short reds in mouth of Dallus. Sitting here drinking coffee at a 6:45 dead low negative tide watching birds basically walk across the river. Gonna give some time for levels to rise before thinking of heading out. Anybody been down here lately that might want to suggest best direction to head?
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Steinhatchee Nov 6

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Try deeper water, it sounds stupid this time of the year but we've had better luck in 5ftplus.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Saltydawg

Re: Steinhatchee Nov 6

Post by Saltydawg »

Meant to say Dec 6, I’m here right now just waiting a bit for water to rise before heading out.