Crystal River Shallow Water Grouper

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Saltydawg

Crystal River Shallow Water Grouper

Post by Saltydawg »

I have seen numerous fishing shows on shallow water grouper fishing out of Crystal River. I have never fished there but would love to give it a try. Tried to get on Capt Brandon Branch’s schedule a year ago but he was basically booked every day season was open. Can a newbie to that area possibly safely find some of those random rock piles on your own? Would love to get a gag or 2 ripping a crank bait in 6-10 ft of water.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Crystal River Shallow Water Grouper

Post by Salty Gator »

How good is your bottom machine?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Saltydawg

Post by Saltydawg »

We have a Garmin Echomap plus 74sv but gotta admit we fish 99+% of the time in water 1-4 feet deep so mainly use the navigation capabilities and not the bottom reading. I don’t mind hiring a guide but it’s so much more satisfying to try and figure out new places.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Pm sent
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Try hangem high sportfishing out of crystal river.they will put you on the fish just look at their Facebook and Instagram pages.