Keaton/Spring Warrior??

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

Keaton/Spring Warrior??

Post by slayer »

Wife and I will be kicking off our recent retirement next Monday March 5th…

Staying at Spring Warrior but know the areas pretty good, just haven’t been down in about 4 years

We usually use soft and hard jerk baits plus the standard jigs with and without popping corks….

Any general areas to start would be appreciated, seems as if they are moving towards the flats with the weather warming up…

Any tips, pointers or general areas would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

mpa_72001

Re: Keaton/Spring Warrior??

Post by mpa_72001 »

Unfairlures stickbaits worked for us last weekend.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton/Spring Warrior??

Post by Steve Stinson »

You're not going to get a lot of specific advice this week because the NFGFC Tournament is out of Keaton Beach this Saturday and nobody wants to tell their secrets.

I will tell you I fished from North of Spring Warrior down to Keaton Beach last Saturday morning and caught a lot of good fish. They have definitely moved out on the flats. Water temp was 72 - 74 degrees.

The morning tide was very low so be careful or you will donate shrapnel from your skeg / prop.

Also there was a game warden checking every boat that came out of Spring Warrior in the afternoon, so be sure you are legal.

- Steve Stinson