April 15th Keaton beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

April 15th Keaton beach

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

A good friend of mine needed some salt therapy, so Shoddy and I got to the ramp at sunrise. There was already a half full lot. Guess a tournament going on. So we put the boat in and headed out the canal. Image
We headed north and started fishing. The wind, what little there was, blew opposite the tide. So there was no drift at all the entire day. So fishing was tough. Image
But we did manage a few fish. Including this guy. Image
It put up a heck of a fight. We went all over even as far as doghead. But never could get on a good bite. So at 2:30 we headed in. Got in the canal and it looked like scallop season. A line of boats past the condos with nobody moving. What the heck? Guess someone was walking to their truck a 1/4 mile down the road. So I eased up to the dock between the ramps and pitched my buddy off and eased back by the condos to wait. Couple minutes later he called and said backing down. So I ease by the other boats to pull out. One guy says “dang man you just gonna jump in front of us?” I said “my truck is on the ramp. It’s the first truck at the ramp that loads out, not the first boat at the ramp”. Why is that so hard to understand? Had a great day on the water can’t wait to go again. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on April 16th, 2023, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: April 15th Keaton beach

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I am glad y'all did decent. I convinced my bunch to go to the hatch, I knew Keaton would be scallop season lite with the weather being so nice, we did decent on sheepshead but didn't try trout, the talk at the ramp was very feast or famine like with them. I hate when people are that way at the ramp, it seems Keaton is the worst about that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Hit-n-Miss

Re: April 15th Keaton beach

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:I am glad y'all did decent. I convinced my bunch to go to the hatch, I knew Keaton would be scallop season lite with the weather being so nice, we did decent on sheepshead but didn't try trout, the talk at the ramp was very feast or famine like with them. I hate when people are that way at the ramp, it seems Keaton is the worst about that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Yep. Bet it was slick at the reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk