Politics forum for Site Sponsors only

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Politics forum for Site Sponsors only

Post by bman »

Next time you sign in, if your a Site Sponsor, you will notice a new sub forum at the top of the Off Topic page
BigBendFishing.Net • View forum - Off Topic-205357.png
BigBendFishing.Net • View forum - Off Topic-205357.png (85.3 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
I'm trying this out for a trial run... If it gets out of hand it will go away.
Debate is OK- personal attacks are not. No racial comments will be allowed.
Don't start dishing it our if you can't take it....

Have fun and don't shoot your eye out salute1
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Politics forum for Site Sponsors only

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Ha! You are my hero Barry. That's what I'm talking about, that's "change" to write home about.
Team Jolly Mon
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

:pop_1
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

What's a site sponsorship cost? Might be fun just to just watch. :)

Post by bman »

WolfeMan wrote:What's a site sponsorship cost? Might be fun just to just watch. :)
I can't believe your not one. $10 a year
Click the donate button above
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Please define the difference between personal attacks and poking fun at friends...

Or are we already too far down this slippery slope to put the brakes on?
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

Personal Attack:

"You're an idiot and you are wrong!"

Poking fun at friends:

"You're an idiot and you are wrong! :-) lol j/k"

Post by EddieJoe »

bman wrote:
WolfeMan wrote:What's a site sponsorship cost? Might be fun just to just watch. :)
I can't believe your not one. $10 a year
Click the donate button above
That's a hoot. I'd pay $10 to keep politics off of the Forum, rather than to put it on. Remember the web site name: "Big Bend Fishing"? Plenty of other places to have political shout fests, not many that deal with fishing. Why put politics on a fishing web site?

EJ
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

That's a hoot. I'd pay $10 to keep politics off of the Forum, rather than to put it on. Remember the web site name: "Big Bend Fishing"? Plenty of other places to have political shout fests, not many that deal with fishing. Why put politics on a fishing web site
?

I feel you, brother!
Maybe this will quarantine the politics that seem to stink up certain other threads on this and other sites.
I've recently had to trim some friends on my Facebook page due to their political diatribe. Nothing worse than having to look at that all the time.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Totally agree with you, Talltails, what i have distanced myself from are other forums that get infected with political crap that creeps out of the "Political Threads" areas and soon it is everywhere. Some people eat-sleep-and breath politics, like it's a game of some kind?? To keep it "totally off" a fishing forum -- keeps it a fishing forum. If you want to talk fishing or read up on fishing -- come here!! If you want to talk politics -- go someplace else............
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

Like many other things in life, if you dont like it, change the channel.

If you know reading the political forum will frustrate you, dont do it.

Simple. I mean, right?

Politics, like it or not, impact our ability to participate in our namesake activity here. NOAA, FWC, the Feds - all controlled by political bodies. Lots of political discussions will be relevant to these issues.

If the forum is properly and consistently moderated, it should be good. We're all adults right?

Post by EddieJoe »

WolfeMan wrote:Like many other things in life, if you dont like it, change the channel.

If you know reading the political forum will frustrate you, dont do it.

Simple. I mean, right?

Politics, like it or not, impact our ability to participate in our namesake activity here. NOAA, FWC, the Feds - all controlled by political bodies. Lots of political discussions will be relevant to these issues.

If the forum is properly and consistently moderated, it should be good. We're all adults right?

No it isn't simple, and yes we are all adults, but no we all don't act like we are. Just look at the internet competition in the NW and see what happens when politics and petty discussions become normal, rather than fishing. It turns to junk, and supposedly they have a moderator.

Fisheries politics and discussions about them, such as the Federal Councils, Federal legislation, FWC, regulations, and other matters directly related to fishing, boating, etc. are fine, IMO. But the other stuff? Especially in an election year? Please, no, or this forum winds up like the other one.

EJ
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

No question about it, you could be right. Time will tell and I suspect Bevis will be quick to pull the trigger on shutting it down. I agree with you, it's a slippery slope. Barry and I had a pretty lengthy exchange about this possible new section and I agree that it might not last but is worth a test.

EJ, I do have to ask though, why isn't it simple? Just dont click the forum and you'll never see it. Heck, if you aren't a site sponsor you won't even have the option of seeing it. I dont see how it will impact you at all, or anybody else who wishes to avoid it.

Post by silverking »

As I've told Bman, I'll all for keeping politics off-limits on this site. That said, I was poofed earlier on this thread when I poked fun at my occasional fishing partner. But it won't happen again in the interest of keeping the focus on fishing, boating, reports, recipes. Heck, I don't even mind the Hunting section as long as the bleeding heart liberals keep their pinko digits off my guns.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I've watched the civility disappear from the competition and I think politics and excessive personal jabs are the main culprit.

I don't know if it can be included in a section here without spilling into other sections, even if HIGHLY moderated.