50 years ago today...where were you?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: 50 years ago today...where were you?

Post by Juan »

4th grade... I remember the announcement on the class loud speaker.

The only other events I remember where I was were

Ricky Nelson's plane crash

Shuttle explosion

9-11
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I was 4 years old. I remember being in the back seat of the car while my mother drove to my father's parents house. She was crying and I just couldn't figure out why. It didn't make sense to me until 4 years later when Robert was shot.
That decade was full of assassinations. It didn't make sense then and does not make any more sense today. Killing someone over their political views does not change politics, it only changes the name of the politician.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

We had just gotten our first TV; black and white; 3 channels. One of the first things I remember was the news of President Kennedy's assignation and the funeral that followed.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Senior in military college (North Georgia College/Dahlonega GA) when the campus loudspeaker gave us the message. Shock and sadness are not descriptive enough!
I will share a story I wrote for my family and friends several years ago about attending the funeral.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Was driving out of the parking lot at Pompano Beach Senior High School for lunch when it came on the radio. We'd just gotten over the Cuban missle crisis and all the convoys heading south to fortify Homestead AFB, so the pucker factor got very high. Cut classes the rest of the day and went home to sort it out with the folks.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I was sitting in math class when it was announced over the intercom. Not much class activity the rest of that day.
What was I supposed to do today?
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

I also was a student at North GA College like RHTFISH. I heard that same speaker that afternoon, I was down at the armory when they announced it.