My pet flying squirrel

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

My pet flying squirrel

Post by procraftwes »

Short version of the story was I rescued her from a neighborhood cat in my backyard. Imagine my surprise when I had no Idea that they were native here.

After some research they make great pets, are legal to own and even sold here in florida. She has totatally taken to me and is a part of the family.. I've had her for over a month now.

Pics are from Day one up to now.
My dog and her get along great.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: My pet flying squirrel

Post by Sir reel »

Great pic's!! Been showing them to all our Oklahoma family and they have really made a hit. Thanks for sharing
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
gatoremt

Post by gatoremt »

So cool. I love all types of squirrels. I have always wanted a flying squirrel. The pic on the dogs head is awesome.
Griff - 14.5' Ultimate Native
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit What virtue has joined together,
death shall not separate
Deus bonus est
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

Those pics are awesome!
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

Once raised a grey squirrel orphan. "Tazman"was quite feisty and even gave they cats a run for the money. Had to keep its nails clipped or else he'd tear you up - loved to ambush you when you walked by. He was with us about 3 months before he decided to not come back down the tree on a daily outing. (he must have wanted to join "Chips" the mockingbird we raised and hung around outside for a while).
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I've had the hoohoo scared out of me before with a flying squirrel zooming past my ear at dusk. Bud of mine gave one to his girlfriend as a pet. Only problem is they don't seem to be house trainable at all, so expect to find squirrel droppings all over your house!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!