Try This At Home

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Try This At Home

Post by Harmsway »

Wait for it.

So, I'm not the handiest man alive, and my wife knows it. But today the dishwasher quit working, so I was looking at a pretty good chunk of change to get it fixed or replaced. Groan.

So (in secret), I searched the internet and youtube for dishwasher repair, and fairly quickly diagnosed the problem to a siezed pump. Groan, again.

Told my wife that it didn't look good, but let me take a look at it. So, I easily removed a few plastic parts and got to the pump impeller, which easily turned by hand. Ouch; that must mean that the motor is fried.

Still, I tested her out. She WORKED! Dang, I'm good. Found a little pebble laying there, so guessing the impeller was in a bind before I removed the cover.

Here it is.

So I says to my wife, "I just saved us $700." She said "Woo-hoo". Siezing the opportunity I told her, "I deserve a reward, like a NEW FISHING ROD."

To my amazement, she said, "YOU SURE DO!" She was still smiling as I was headed out the door.

Moral of the story,,, I've got it figgered out now. The next time I 'need' a new rod or reel, all I have to do is fix something expensive.

Here's the plan,,, Disable something. Maybe the car (remove coil wire from distributer), or the air conditioner (throw the breaker), etc. Wait for wife to report the disaster. Complain about how much it will cost to fix it. Fiddle around, complain some more, but then give her the good news, "There, I fixed it." Hug, kiss, and skip off to the tackle shop.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
bman

Re: Try This At Home

Post by bman »

Im throwing a handful of rocks in my dishwasher right now!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WHOOOOOOOE, BEEN THERE DONE THAT, WORKS GREAT TILL THE LITTLE LADY FINDS OUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING, THATS WHEN THE XZJMD.EEET HITS THE FAN, NO MORE FISHING FOR A MONTH.
AND NO MORE NEW TACKLE FOR A YEAR.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good for you, I love getting new fishing rods! :)
Yours in the South
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Y'all are way too sharing. When my wife asks about something, I give the same answer she gives me ... what, you mean this old thing? :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Take your wife fishing more...she buys new rod, problem solved.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Now that was a good story and funny!

I like zload's strategy better. My wife is my best fishing partner.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP