Many thanks to Barry!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Many thanks to Barry!

Post by onefishtwofish »

It was a long process. I have been looking at the coast for quite some time, off and on for 5 years or so. I would go and look at something and it would be disappointing and I would stop for a while. About 9 months ago, I started to get serious. Had a partner couple with me and my wife, so we started shopping. After looking at houses, I decided to also peak at townhomes. I knew I was serious this time, so I gave Barry a call. I annoyed him with dumb questions, asked about houses I should and should not look at and mostly decided the areas I wanted to target. Canal for me and the boat, nearby beach for the wife. Barry found the perfect spot (on Shell Point) and set up several visits for me, and then my partners. After finding the top choice and narrowing down a large list, with no pressure and honest pros and cons of each spot, we chose our favorite. When we started talking specifics, my partners backed out. Sorry Barry. So now, I had to come up with a new budget, as I still wanted a house. After getting pretty discouraged, we found a deal. A really good buy and after talking with Barry, he strongly encouraged a sight unseen offer, it was such a deal. So I wisely trusted him. He hooked me up with a banker that beat all the other deals I could find with my normal banker. Every turn was great news and it looked like a go. Then flood insurance caused major headaches, but with his help, we got that worked out too. After a long ordeal, we closed today. Ended up in a townhouse at Mashes Sands. Had everything we wanted.

Barry was a great help, made the process as easy as possible. No pressure, no BS. He was on my team from every step. More than few times, we walked in to the house, looked at each other and said "Nope-not right". When we found the right one, we knew it on the first visit. If you are thinking about pulling the trigger, talk to him first! I am very glad I did. His assistance was invaluable.

Thanks brother! salute3
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Many thanks to Barry!

Post by MudDucker »

The boy knows his stuff! Congratulations on the investment!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

What a wonderful testimony to a professional! That is how it should work!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Yep! Barry is definitely good people. Very smart and honest in his line of work. :thumbup:
bman

Post by bman »

Thank you guys!
While my normal area is Leon,Jefferson and Gadsden county it sure is fun to work at the coast.
I think I know what every fisherman and his wife wants ;-)

It is always fun to work with one of you!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"