heart

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

heart

Post by JIm Smith »

alright guys I know there some of you who have had heart attacks, I just had the widowmaker and made it thur with a great bunch of Dr. s, with four stints what are some of your experiences, this happen last sunday
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: heart

Post by RHTFISH »

Mine was not as involved as yours but any episode calls for a lot of self-evaluation and determination. Lifestyle changes go with the territory and survivors are the choir with more than enough "preachers" to go around. My most unexpected sequelae was depression and ut expresses in many forms. Do not be afraid to use a safe med to cope. BEST
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

DERN, I HAD MY SO CALLED HEART ATTACK 4 YRS AGO, THEY PUT A STENT IN ONE OF MY ARTERIES AND SAID COME BACK IN 3 MONTHS, I WENT BACK IN 3 MONTHS AND NOW IT IS A ONE TIME A YEAR DEAL UNLESS I FEEL ANY PAIN AROUND MY CHEST. THE DOC. PUT ME ON BLOOD THINNER AND A FEW OTHER MEDICATIONS , WHICH I HAVE SINCE NOT HAD TO TAKE ANYMORE. I AM 4 YRS OLDER NOW AND AM BEGINNING TO GAIN MY STRENGTH BACK AND FEELING GOOD AGAIN. GOT MY OLD TIN CAN BOAT BACK YESTERDAY AND PLAN TO DO SOME MORE FISHING THIS NEXT WEEK.
GOOD LUCK, JUST TAKE IT EASY FOR A WHILE AND YOU CAN RECOVER, I DID.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Surviving the occlusion of the widow maker should qualify you for some kind of an award! Glad you are ok and on the mend!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Glad you made it Jim! Take care.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Stay calm, carry a list of your meds at all times, and keep your cell phone charged. I had a triple bypass 8 years ago and just got my second pacemaker 3 weeks ago at Shands. Doc keeps telling me to do what I can, and don't buy green bananas. Ha! What has been said about depression is true, but being forewarned is forearmed. For me I know those signs and try to fight them.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

thanks guyw, I feel better today than I have in a long time next Dr. app. next fri. going to go breath some salt air that night