With great sadness

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

With great sadness

Post by NFGFC »

It is with great sadness that we must post this but because the fishing community is such a huge supporter of each other we feel this is the best way to send this information out.
Last Wednesday one of our own NFGFC members, Sgt. Doug Tran lost his young daughter Kimberly aka Joey, unexpectedly. As we all know losing any family member is hard but losing your own child and it being unexpected makes it even harder.
Sgt. Doug Tran is an avid fisherman and we feel it would help him and his family greatly for this unexpected expense if all our fishing community came together to support him in his most desperate time of need.
A go fund me page has been set up for anyone who would like to show their support. No amount is too little, as a whole we can make a big difference. All money raised minus whatever fees will go directly to the Tran family.
Please keep him and his family in your much needed prayers!

https://www.gofundme.com/joey-kimberly- ... n-memorial

Thank you!!
NFGFC officers
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: With great sadness

Post by Blue spinner »

my prayers go out to him and his family
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

NFGFC delivered food to his house yesterday evening for Doug and his family. The funeral is tomorrow, Monday 2/20/2017 at 1:00 pm at Bevis Funeral Home on N. Monroe for any club member who may want to attend or send flowers.

- Steve Stinson
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thoughts and prayers to Doug, his wife and family during this very difficult time.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

NFGFC also made a $100 donation to the go fund me page, they are so close to raising what they need they just need a little more guys.
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Very sad. Prayers for the family and friends.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Prayers go out to the Doug and his family, I know this is a very difficult time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk