Idenify Gude

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Idenify Gude

Post by MudDucker »

Anyone know the young guide who fishes a maverick out of Lanark area. He busted line at take out and was very rude.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Idenify Gude

Post by Gulf Coast »

Ha, yeah I know him....good friend of mine :smt004
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

MudDucker wrote:Anyone know the young guide who fishes a maverick out of Lanark area. He busted line at take out and was very rude.
May not be the same guide but the description fits the "so called guide " who claimed I was fishing too close a while back. I was at least 100-150 yards away from his boat and about to turn and go back the other direction when he decided to pick up and run circles around my boat while screaming not so nice words. I kept my cool and he's lucky his boat doesn't look like swiss cheese. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I hate rude behavior in a boater..... :)
Yours in the South
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

MudDucker wrote:Anyone know the young guide who fishes a maverick out of Lanark area. He busted line at take out and was very rude.

That could apply to any number of the carpet-bagger "guides" from out of town who descend on Lanark now every tarpon season (although it's happening elsewhere in the state too). Professionalism, courtesy and etiquette are not part of their vocabulary. Really would like to see the USCG tighten regs and qualifications for licenses. Doubt it'll happen though.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Rude boat ramp behaviour seems to be an all too common trait among the Lanark Tarpon Gods. I don't know many of them anymore but they are REALLY IMPATIENT when it comes to launching and loading their skiffs. Recently I was sitting in the Basin waiting my turn when a guide jumped into the ramp in front of a family in a bay boat that has been patiently waiting. The lady on the bow looks at me and ask "are all these tarpon guys as......es" That cracked me up. :lol:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Capt Ron

Post by Capt Ron »

This is the worst influx of "carpet baggers" yet. We have tower boats running aground and flats boats with 5' tall casting platforms on them. Probably 4 or 5 to 1 ratio of outsiders to locals on the tarpon grounds. It reminds me of the scene in Jaws, when all the "fishermen" are going after the shark.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Gulf Coast wrote:Ha, yeah I know him....good friend of mine :smt004
Are you keeping his identity a secret?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

He had a muddy putty colored maverick and drove a white 250 ford pickup.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

With all respect to you, you could has ask Mike at the ramp or inside who it is. You asked a question and I answered....he is a close friend of mine,he's is not a carpetbagger and he is a Franklin res. Rude behavior sux...I wasn't there so ?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Gulf Coast wrote:With all respect to you, you could has ask Mike at the ramp or inside who it is. You asked a question and I answered....he is a close friend of mine,he's is not a carpetbagger and he is a Franklin res. Rude behavior sux...I wasn't there so ?
Ok, I'll ask Mike.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Don't know the guide and don't use the ramp any more, but agree that Lanark can be a zoo. If possible, it would be great if the Lanark Boat Club folks would have a "traffic cop" for the ramp like they used to do on weekends. That guy did a great job, and it's necessary.
As far as the Tarpon guides go, many of them give me a royal pain in the rear, local and outsiders alike. Silver King is one of the good guys, and he is right that more order would help, from someone. I wouldn't look to the CG to step in on that, they barely do what is already on their plate, which is why I recommend the club at the ramp. On the water around Turkey Shoal, I just stay away, which is an annoyance to me but better than getting worked up when I need to be relaxing.
EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

EddieJoe wrote: On the water around Turkey Shoal, I just stay away, which is an annoyance to me but better than getting worked up when I need to be relaxing.
Your post got me thinking EJ. I do the same this time of year. When I'm down there for the Fall season I fish the outside of Lanark Reef and TP Shoal a good bit. It is a PITA that those waters are off limits from May to August, but like you I'm there to relax not get into a fight, so I just cruise on by. :smt004
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks EJ. Glad I'm retired from guiding and no longer have to deal with that circus.

A club cop would be great. Didn't mean to suggest the CG police the ramp, but I do believe the qualifications/sea time requirements for a six-pack license should be tightened. The documentation is pretty lax and the various schools teach just to pass the test. So there are a lot of un-qualified neophytes on the water these days, IMO. Again, don't expect it to change but it should. Compound that with the lack of courtesy and the me, me, me societal attitude and it is a PITA. A sparse population and remote trout fishing in Montana is looking more appealing all the time.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

I'm visiting here in Port Richey because of a family death and our area and coast seems like paradise comparatively. Even Lanark on a bad day isn't like this crowded strip mall mess.

Waiting to go home and get back on the water. New 10' Power Pole blade needs a test.

EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk