Interesting story from cbs news on climate change

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Interesting story from cbs news on climate change

Post by Salty Gator »

Report from the trump administration

Climate report says humans "extremely likely" to blame for warming - CBS News
https://apple.news/A7HS4X70YQGWEnMJV-8sorg
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
RED ZONE 48

Re: Interesting story from cbs news on climate change

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

IT MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE ALL THE SCIENTIST AGREE, NOW I MUST LOCK UP MY GUNS SO I AM NOT ATTACKED BY THEM, GUESS THAT IS WHY THE MAKE GUN SAFES SO THE GUNS DON'T SHOOT US. I AM ALSO GOING TO
LOCK UP MY TRUCK BECAUSE TRUCKS WILL RUN OVER YOU . WE COULD REGULATE OR BAN TRUCKS FOR THE PUBLIC GOOD , KILLER TRUCKS ARE EVERY WHERE EVEN IN EUROPE .
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Earf heats up and earf cools down. Man made climate change for the most part has been debunked, but liberal alphabet stations cater to their audience. Historical data indicates very little change. The US emissions are way down. The most significant polluter is China and they don't give a rat's behind about what other's think about it.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:Earf heats up and earf cools down. Man made climate change for the most part has been debunked, but liberal alphabet stations cater to their audience. Historical data indicates very little change. The US emissions are way down. The most significant polluter is China and they don't give a rat's behind about what other's think about it.
This was a report from the trump administration, not exactly liberal media. Did you bother to read it?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Earf heats up and earf cools down. Man made climate change for the most part has been debunked, but liberal alphabet stations cater to their audience. Historical data indicates very little change. The US emissions are way down. The most significant polluter is China and they don't give a rat's behind about what other's think about it.
This was a report from the trump administration, not exactly liberal media. Did you bother to read it?
I did and CBS over played the negative conclusions. You do know there are some liberal holdovers in this administration? NASA pretty much busted these conclusions in its long term studies. Did you read that?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
I did and CBS over played the negative conclusions. You do know there are some liberal holdovers in this administration? NASA pretty much busted these conclusions in its long term studies. Did you read that?
NASA ? No I didn't. Provide a link if you'd like. No one has debunked anything. You reacted exactly as I thought you would. Somehow blaming cbs ( not exact liberal media) for providing negative results. They just provided the results, FROM THE trump Administration study. A study you interpreted as negative. This is not from the left, this is from the trump administration. But again, you responded exactly as I'd expect from you. Please find another way to spin this that it is somehow a left sided conspiracy as you always do.
Last edited by Salty Gator on November 5th, 2017, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED ZONE 48

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

I am STILL waiting for the ICE AGE that I was told was coming by the same " scientists" . Lets take down a few statues while we are waiting , and raise taxes I am sure this would help . { sarcasm in case you missed it . }
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

As someone who does a decent amount of modeling, this chart is quite telling, the predictions don't come close to matching the observations, the observations aren't even significant enough to outweigh the model error. Relying on record temperatures being set is fairly pointless since its a single point in time, no one should expect snook to become a common catch in the bigbend. Image
seakeer

Post by seakeer »

What are we worried about? Won't global warming be offset by the upcoming nuclear winter?
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

This is why I am officially neutral about the global warming issue. Seems like everyone is saying something different and I have no idea who to believe.
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

I have personally noticed the water temps being cooler than the NOAA buoys show at any given time. Leads me to believe the data is being manipulated upwards.

There is no way to "debunk" man's effect on climate change. The scientific method is such that a proper study can't be performed. Common sense would lead one to believe we are affecting it in some way at least - we pretty much have to use guesses as we have no scientific evidence to base our opinion on.

The amount of change the climate change alarmists are getting upset over is almost not measurable when compared to previous temperature swings in earth's history. They're claiming one degree celcius is a big deal and it's really not. With all the "adjustments" made to the data sets, I'm not certain there even has been an upward swing in temps since industrialization.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Geno67 wrote:I have personally noticed the water temps being cooler than the NOAA buoys show at any given time. Leads me to believe the data is being manipulated upwards.

There is no way to "debunk" man's effect on climate change. The scientific method is such that a proper study can't be performed. Common sense would lead one to believe we are affecting it in some way at least - we pretty much have to use guesses as we have no scientific evidence to base our opinion on.

The amount of change the climate change alarmists are getting upset over is almost not measurable when compared to previous temperature swings in earth's history. They're claiming one degree celcius is a big deal and it's really not. With all the "adjustments" made to the data sets, I'm not certain there even has been an upward swing in temps since industrialization.
This is true, but they (both sides) are using trend lines like the ones posted above. The problem is that the earth's temp has never been steady, but looking at the trend line, there is little change, so little that most call it statistically insignificant. The other problem is that the earth has always shown changes in temperatures over long term. Remember, we were once in the ice age and we have been on a warming trend since then.

Another thing that alarmist don't tell you is that one major volcanic eruption puts more greenhouse gases and pollutants in the air than man has put in the air in all of the known time we've been on earth.

Check youtube for the statement made by the guy who founded the Weather channel. He has been a certified meteorologist for many many years. He says most weather scientist with no ax to grind don't believe that man made changes to the weather are significant. On the other hand, the authors of many alarmist studies have been found to be frauds, because they manipulate the data. Not all, but most of the more vocals ones have been discredited. Remember, Ol Al Bore said the polar ice cap would be gone by now, instead, it is larger than it was when he made that statement.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

This doesn't help the religion of change either https://wattsupwiththat.com/climate-fai ... l-warming/
RED ZONE 48

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

Don't forget about the Siberia .Russia , Methane fields, more methane than from Cow Farts . Knowledge is destroying the man made Climate change Fraud .