Lost Hobie Outback

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cotton

Lost Hobie Outback

Post by cotton »

Posting for a friend:
Had a friend from Moody AFB (active duty) camp out on Rock Island Saturday night with a couple of friends. When they woke up the next morning, his dune Hobie Outback was gone. Assume the high overnight tide drifted it off. Had some fishing gear in it as well as his fishing license. Name is Daniel Peveto. His cell is 253-273-2056 if it's found and whomever finds it wants to return it to Daniel.

Hopefully it will turn up somewhere and whomever finds it will do the right thing and try and find the owner.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Lost Hobie Outback

Post by Salty Gator »

Is that the rock island in the st Marks river?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I recommend notifying FWC, Coast Guard, and local Sheriff's office so they are aware of the situation. If they receive a call from another boater, or whoever happens to retrieve it, they may launch a missing persons search which is a waste of valuable resources.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

FishWithChris wrote:I recommend notifying FWC, Coast Guard, and local Sheriff's office so they are aware of the situation. If they receive a call from another boater, or whoever happens to retrieve it, they may launch a missing persons search which is a waste of valuable resources.
Good advice right there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cotton

Post by cotton »

FishWithChris wrote:I recommend notifying FWC, Coast Guard, and local Sheriff's office so they are aware of the situation. If they receive a call from another boater, or whoever happens to retrieve it, they may launch a missing persons search which is a waste of valuable resources.
I’ll pass this along.
cotton

Post by cotton »

Salty Gator wrote:Is that the rock island in the st Marks river?
Between Fenholloway and Hickory Mounds.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

FOR SALE:

Hobie Outback - Dune Marsh Edition

comes with 3 combos, already rigged... along with PFD, milk-crate, and bunch of tackle. Oh - pedal drive as well!

- founds this thing yesterday afternoon between St Marks and the Aucilla, tucked up in. (you can see the indention in the grass behind it) We thought it was someone wading that had it tucked in because there was an Airboat that went by it moments before (and between us and the shore)... saw rods in the water and started digging around. We were prepared to call it in to FWC until Jeff & I remembered this post.

Found the number and gave Daniel a call... his wife answered rather abruptly when I asked for him by name, "Umm, I'm his wife, and he's driving... can I help you?" :lol: :lol:
:lol: I said four simple little words, "We found a kayak," and could hear the elation in her voice and in the car. After brief conversation I jumped out of the boat - water felt fantastic) and we pulled it up into the boat.

Made it back to Tallahassee and dropped it off to the smiling family (great kids, high-fives from all of them!) - glad we were able to get it back to them!

***What's even more exciting, is that we know Jeff's boat can mothership the heck out of some kayaks. C-Tower, here we come! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by FishWithChris on February 19th, 2018, 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
bbb

Post by bbb »

Thats awesome man. Glad the right person found it.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Attaboy to Chris and Jeff. That brought you some good karma to start the spring season. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Great work gentlemen. That’s really nice
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Wow good job, hard to believe someone hadn’t found it before but looks like the right person came along and saved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Wow! Good job! Image Almost a month later. It must have been well hidden.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Notice Gary Droze hasn't chimed in. Maybe he's been borrowing it for his marsh marathons. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
cotton

Post by cotton »

This is Awesome!!! That little girl can really fish. So glad we will still be seeing her out there in a yak. I can’t imagine how happy you made them.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Great job! Good people do inhabit his forum!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!