New wal mart gun rules

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

New wal mart gun rules

Post by Salty Gator »

Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores.
I know a bunch on here lost their minds and boycotted Dicks sporting goods when they stopped selling hi cap mags and ar’s. I can’t wait to see if y’all do the same with your beloved wal mart for what most would consider a more pronounced defection on the second amendment. This should be good. Popcorn ready
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
big bend gyrene

Re: New wal mart gun rules

Post by big bend gyrene »

Salty Gator, suspect you like the forum being relatively friendly and somewhat poltics light (DEFINITELY so in comparison to quite a few other outdoor related forums)... so kind of surprised by the trolling post just begging for drama.

So with that shared, my quite sincere question would be how do you feel about Wal Mart stopping sales of ammo? Seriously interested to know so won't throw in any popcorn references.

BBG
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Sam Walton would be saddened as am I. Ultimately does not impact me much, as I only go to Walmart in a pinch.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I think its great! It will drive more revenue/sales to local business.
4reels

Post by 4reels »

I agree with FishWithChris . . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

big bend gyrene wrote:Salty Gator, suspect you like the forum being relatively friendly and somewhat poltics light (DEFINITELY so in comparison to quite a few other outdoor related forums)... so kind of surprised by the trolling post just begging for drama.

So with that shared, my quite sincere question would be how do you feel about Wal Mart stopping sales of ammo? Seriously interested to know so won't throw in any popcorn references.

BBG
I truly don’t care. I don’t shop there for other reasons, but it doesn’t bother me. I also didn’t have a problem when Dicks stopped selling guns and ammo. My thoughts were, I buy guns from gun stores, so don’t care what box stores do. But I was curious to see if those that were so outspoken about it would treat Walmart the same as they did dicks. I Also agree w Chris. There is one very outspoken member on the subject. Kinda curious what he has to say
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

No carrying in their stores, hmmmm. I can see a Wal-Mart employee telling the man coming in with an ar-15,"excuse me, sir, you can't bring that gun in here". :lol: I want somebody inside carrying so they can stop him.
Yours in the South
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

I think they said no open carry in the states that allow open carry. nothing about concealed carry.
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

I am super happy they quit selling ammo! We are cheaper anyways! Come see us and you can carry in my store anytime. You will not offend my staff or myself!
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

CairoTrout wrote:I am super happy they quit selling ammo! We are cheaper anyways! Come see us and you can carry in my store anytime. You will not offend my staff or myself!
Thanks Heath. :thumbup: :thumbup:
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Wal-Mart isn't really a store that I rush too to buy ammo from. their selection is piss poor 97.2% of the time anyways(in my area at least, Albany) I honestly think Wal-Mart could do away with their whole "sporting goods" section and I don't think many would lose sleep.

but again, what is this going to fix? these "policies" don't make sense to me...
DFresh31788

Post by DFresh31788 »

My understanding is that WalMart is banning OPEN CARRY from its stores. While i"m not a fan of WalMart, OPEN CARRY in the state of FLORIDA is ILLEGAL so their decision doesn't really affect me. Concealed carry is the only LEGAL way to carry in Florida. If the weapon is properly concealed, then no one will know it is carried and the postings I've seen about Walmart's decision DOES NOT ADDRESS CONCEALED CARRY. Given all the shootings that have occurred recently, I carry even in my own yard and no i don't live in a crime ridden neighborhood.
Seachaser 1800 RG
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

DFresh31788 wrote: Concealed carry is the only LEGAL way to carry in Florida..

Actually a person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition is allowed to open carry. I agree with you and would and do concealed carry. I personally would rather concealed carry than open carry regardless.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

DFresh31788 wrote:My understanding is that WalMart is banning OPEN CARRY from its stores. While i"m not a fan of WalMart, OPEN CARRY in the state of FLORIDA is ILLEGAL so their decision doesn't really affect me. Concealed carry is the only LEGAL way to carry in Florida. If the weapon is properly concealed, then no one will know it is carried and the postings I've seen about Walmart's decision DOES NOT ADDRESS CONCEALED CARRY. Given all the shootings that have occurred recently, I carry even in my own yard and no i don't live in a crime ridden neighborhood.
They are also stopping sales on some ammo which is about the same thing dicks did. I believe the people just wanted to jump all over dicks for stepping on the second amendment , but when it came to beloved wal mart. They would all look the other way and find a reason not to boycott. Like I don’t but ammo there, did those same people actually buy ammo at dicks, or did they just want to jump all over them for a perceived threat to the second amendment. This is how I expected this thread to go
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

BillytheKid wrote:Actually a person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition is allowed to open carry. I agree with you and would and do concealed carry. I personally would rather concealed carry than open carry regardless.
I agree with your statement, but if you stopped by Walmart or any other spot would you be on the way to or from anymore?

I try not to shop at Walmart in the first place, but I don't plan on boycotting because of a pointless policy. BTW, AR-15 ammo isn't handgun ammo anyway!