Metal Boat carport

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Pirate

Metal Boat carport

Post by Pirate »

Good morning all. I need a little information. We have a metal boat/camper carport at our place in East Point. I am relocating about two miles from the current location and want to take the unit with me. I figure if they installed it they could disassemble it and re-install it. I'm having no luck getting in touch with anyone who has a clue about an installer I might call to see if this is possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Larry
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
reelbad

Re: Metal Boat carport

Post by reelbad »

I would try Taylors building supply Eastpoint or Ace in Apalachicola. They may know someone that does handy man services.
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Post by Charlie P »

Think about doing it yourself. Last year me and a few other guys took one down and set it back up in a few hours.

Marking each post and top panel is important to expedite putting it back together.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Both good suggestions. I will check with Taylors. I would prefer to have someone who installs these for a living. We can probably do it ourselves but I am going to be building the house and really wont have the time. It is a tall one being 24 x 40 by 13.5 in the peak so the height makes a difference.
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Post by SCALAWAG »

Keens buildings, Perry Fl. 850-223-1939
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Thanks, I will give them a call.