Good Morning / Good Week

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

StMarksAngler

Re: Good Morning / Good Week

Post by StMarksAngler »

+VE/-VE is just shorthand for "Positive"/"Negative".

+VE (Battery) are your positive wires going from your panel directly to the battery. The red rectangles on there labeled 15A are the size of the breakers/fuses required to be inline on each of those wires for your panel (I think you said these were included already? If not, you should add them. Also note that according to ABYC standards, these should be located no more than 7 inches of run from the battery terminal).

+VE (Load) are the positive wires going out to each of your devices that are connected to a switch. So probably not your fishfinder, radio or anything else with it's own power button, and definitely not your float switch... but yes to your bilge pump (manual operation), nav lights, flounder lights, etc.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Thank you again for helping explain this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

No problem. Like I said, I didn't know anything about any of this when I started my rewire. Now it all makes perfect sense. Just paying it forward!