Did anyone from GA get told to go home this weekend?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Post by bbb »

I was told C-Quarters and the Moorings were telling people that if you are coming from Georgia, they won’t let you launch a boat.

I know the Sheriff was saying you would be under a 14 day quarantine if you came from out of town and showed up at your beach house.

I put in at Carrabelle with no issues but was wondering if there was any truth to this.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Did anyone from GA get told to go home this weekend?

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I thought the quarantine was just for LA and NY residents
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:I thought the quarantine was just for LA and NY residents
As far as I know this is correct but I wouldn't be surprised if the local law enforcement are making their own "rules". Wakulla is pretty lax right now unless you're rafting up or partying too close to others.
bbb

Post by bbb »

This just posted 1 hour ago about Apalach. Sheriff Smith is asking county commissioners to close all ramps to anyone not from Franklin County

There is more contact from Franklin County residents going to the Dollar General than out of countians going to their boats ramps.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

The Franklin co sheriff is indeed making up his own rules, he's now saying any one from outside Franklin co has to quarantine for 14 days and is spying on out of towners with deputies. He can't even read the governors executive order that only concerns la and the tristate ny, he's just stating any area outside of Franklin co is covered and he's trying to claim he can't arrest people for not quarantining.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:The Franklin co sheriff is indeed making up his own rules, he's now saying any one from outside Franklin co has to quarantine for 14 days and is spying on out of towners with deputies. He can't even read the governors executive order that only concerns la and the tristate ny, he's just stating any area outside of Franklin co is covered and he's trying to claim he can't arrest people for not quarantining.
He is relying upon an illegal action by Franklin Co. Commissioners. Welcome to Russia comrade! :smt011
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

MudDucker wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:The Franklin co sheriff is indeed making up his own rules, he's now saying any one from outside Franklin co has to quarantine for 14 days and is spying on out of towners with deputies. He can't even read the governors executive order that only concerns la and the tristate ny, he's just stating any area outside of Franklin co is covered and he's trying to claim he can't arrest people for not quarantining.
He is relying upon an illegal action by Franklin Co. Commissioners. Welcome to Russia comrade! :smt011
Guess they don't want the out-of-town revenue this summer then
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

I wonder where they feel you stand if you own a home (not on the island) and you have work commitments in the area?
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
bbb

Post by bbb »

Carrabelle City Commissioners are meeting Thursday to vote on closing the city ramps.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Here are some comments from those wanting the ramps open to residents only.

I will definitely reconsider launching and spending money in Franklin County.

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Yep, most of the ones who are hollering and wanting a gulag are women. They are overly emotional and scared of everything. This is why it was never a good idea to give them the vote. I told one two weeks ago to shove her comments on facebook about telling we Georgia folks not to come. Now the Sheriff is harassing from what I hear. I'm going to hoist the pirate flag and go to my place this weekend to fish.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
bbb

Post by bbb »

MudDucker wrote:Now the Sheriff is harassing from what I hear. I'm going to hoist the pirate flag and go to my place this weekend to fish.
Better take 14 days worth of food and clothing. ;)
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I used to work for the engineering company that built the Carabelle City ramp and park down near the mouth of the river. That project was funded with federal grant money. I wonder what the terms of the grant are? Remaining open to the public perhaps? A violation of the grant terms would mean the City would have to refund the grant money.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Steve Stinson wrote:I used to work for the engineering company that built the Carabelle City ramp and park down near the mouth of the river. That project was funded with federal grant money. I wonder what the terms of the grant are? Remaining open to the public perhaps? A violation of the grant terms would mean the City would have to refund the grant money.
What year was it funded and I'll look up the grant terms
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

That's a tough question without my records. I worked for that particular engineering firm from 2000 to 2007. By memory, I would say that project was done in the first half of my employment with them.