Wakulla County Tripling Launch Fees To Non-Residents

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Understanding the law of supply and demand, the Wakulla County Commission is now tripling the boat launch fees to non-residents and limiting the number of non-residents that can launch each day.....

I'm just bull-skanking with ya'll. I cruised through some of the other posts and things looked like they were getting a little heated and am hoping this post will bring a chuckle and lighten things up. The issue is serious, it's terrible that the surrounding counties have closed their boat ramps, but the good news is: we are keeping them open in Wakulla County. It would be appreciated if you bought some gas/bait/beer, etc when you are down this way to help our local businesses weather this storm. Most our restaurants are still open with to-go/carry-out, so grab a bite too.

Good luck on the water and Happy Easter....

Chris
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
bbb

Post by bbb »

Leon county commissioners met tonight and voted that all Franklin county residents are banned from entering Leon county and if they do they must quarantine in their vehicle for 14 days. Commissioners said they are only looking out for the safety of Franklin county residents when they say........

“keep your butt in your county. You have an IGA, a couple Dollar Generals and a Subway inside of a 7/11. So you have no reason to come to Leon county”
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Wakulla County Tripling Launch Fees To Non-Residents

Post by Juan »

Kudos to Wakulla County! Only the state park is closed in Bay county. The other public ramps are open to even Franklin county residents but if you come this way... BRING BEER and toilet paper. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

There weren't even any pay envelopes at Rock Landing. I wrapped a $5 bill in a note with my tag number, because i appreciate that they aren't being fishing nazis.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Mud Ducker, did you have any luck out there Saturday?
Yours in the South
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

MudDucker wrote:There weren't even any pay envelopes at Rock Landing. I wrapped a $5 bill in a note with my tag number, because i appreciate that they aren't being fishing nazis.
Yeah, staff has been limited due to COVID-19. Thanks for being honest and putting the money in the till. If you are gonna fish the Wakulla ramps often, we have an annual pass you can pick up at different stores (AMS, Crum's, and others). If you are a Veteran, make sure you ask for the Veteran Discount for the annual pass. They are 12-month passes, i.e. not Jan-Dec, it's good for 12 months from purhcase.

Hope you tore em up...
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Scoop Sea wrote:
MudDucker wrote:There weren't even any pay envelopes at Rock Landing. I wrapped a $5 bill in a note with my tag number, because i appreciate that they aren't being fishing nazis.
Yeah, staff has been limited due to COVID-19. Thanks for being honest and putting the money in the till. If you are gonna fish the Wakulla ramps often, we have an annual pass you can pick up at different stores (AMS, Crum's, and others). If you are a Veteran, make sure you ask for the Veteran Discount for the annual pass. They are 12-month passes, i.e. not Jan-Dec, it's good for 12 months from purhcase.

Hope you tore em up...
Scoop, how much is the annual pass?
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I believe it is $40 for the year
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Ebryant

Post by Ebryant »

$25. for seniors and veterans
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

DixieReb wrote:Mud Ducker, did you have any luck out there Saturday?
One flounder. Winds were way over the NOAA prediction. I'd say in 25 knot range with waves 3-4 in the channel after you passed piney island. I made a couple of drifts between Piney Island the sand bar, but no joy. Caught the flounder in sight of Rock Landing, but my crew was done and didn't want to drift anymore. While in front of my place near Lanark, Alligator Pt blocked the wind and would have been very fishable if I could have launched at Lanark Boat Club.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

The Annual Boat Ramp Passes are $40. For Seniors, Veterans, and folks with disabilities, the cost is $25/year (you will need to have proof for those discounts). Passes can be purchased at Crum's, Stow-Away Marine, Rocky's, Marshall Spears Inc (Used to be RMS, then AMS, a couple of miles past the high school on the right headed towards Panacea) and the Tax Collector's Office after the COVID-19 mess passes.

IMHO, it's a great deal. As a resident of Wakulla County, I hate to pay anymore in taxes and fees, but overall it's pretty reasonable.

Here's a link to the Application Site as well: https://www.mywakulla.com/Annual%20Park ... 2.2020.pdf

Tight lines ya'll.
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

What ramps does this cover?
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

redcodefsu wrote:What ramps does this cover?
Every public ramp in wakulla co except the fort and lighthouse, I’m pretty sure. The city of st marks owns the fort and the lighthouse is fed.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven