Last Post On This Site

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Last Post On This Site

Post by CSMarine »

After eighteen years here, this is my last post. I'll try make this short.
I've always loved coming here to learn and share knowledge that I've gained after fishing the Big Bend for more than sixty years.
Lately, all I'm getting is angered when I log on. With degrading, and insulting names aimed at me and others of my generation.
Example - "karen" Difination of a Karen. "Mocking slang term closely associated to the Baby Boomer generation. Referring to close-minded and behind the times, especially when it comes to unprogressive views on such things as gender, sexuality, and youth culture. Phrase used to dismiss opinions and attitudes associated with Baby Boomers, especially older white males of this generation."
So it's obvious I no longer have anything to say here that is of interest. My skin is thick as cow hide, my temperament is thin as frog's hair for those few azzholes ( definition of azzhole - Small, stinking, little object that no one pays attention to unless
it's spewing crap.
They are on every site these days. Shame some of them has found their way here. salute2
Semper Fi
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Last Post On This Site

Post by Salty Gator »

CSMarine wrote:After eighteen years here, this is my last post. I'll try make this short.
I've always loved coming here to learn and share knowledge that I've gained after fishing the Big Bend for more than sixty years.
Lately, all I'm getting is angered when I log on. With degrading, and insulting names aimed at me and others of my generation.
Example - "karen" Difination of a Karen. "Mocking slang term closely associated to the Baby Boomer generation. Referring to close-minded and behind the times, especially when it comes to unprogressive views on such things as gender, sexuality, and youth culture. Phrase used to dismiss opinions and attitudes associated with Baby Boomers, especially older white males of this generation."
So it's obvious I no longer have anything to say here that is of interest. My skin is thick as cow hide, my temperament is thin as frog's hair for those few azzholes ( definition of azzhole - Small, stinking, little object that no one pays attention to unless
it's spewing crap.
They are on every site these days. Shame some of them has found their way here. salute2
Sorry to hear, I hope you change your mind and stay. You provide great content here and this place will suffer if you stop posting. Don’t let the keyboard tough guys run you off. They wouldn’t have the courage to make a peep to your face in real life.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Stay the course, Billy. Things have got to get better one day, we just have to wait it out. I enjoy reading your stories about growing up in Fl., and your posts from Yates Creek. I hope you don't leave.
Yours in the South
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Post by SCALAWAG »

Hang in there Billy. I understand your frustration.
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Stick around we're not all bad.

I'm 35 and had some good back and forth with you over the years. Everyone is bored and grumpy right now and it seems to be coming out through the safety of a keyboard. I'll admit to it too.. Things suck right now.

The bickering has gotten a bit out of control. salute3
Red Beard

Last Post On This Site

Post by Red Beard »

A “Karen” is a term used to describe obnoxious; entitled; middle-aged white women. Not baby boomer slang.

It’s all in good fun, closest thing to sports right now.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Navy... maybe, Coast Guard... certainly, but Marines NEVER quit! :-D salute3
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Happy Easter y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:Navy... maybe, Coast Guard... certainly, but Marines NEVER quit! :-D salute3
Love it
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

CSMarine wrote:After eighteen years here, this is my last post. I'll try make this short.
it's spewing crap.
This is a Karen, I have never seen a member of the baby boomer generation look like this so I'm not sure why you think the Karen term was aimed at you

Pirate

Post by Pirate »

CSmarine, Don't let the terds win. This site is what it has been because of posters like you. The smartazzes don't stay long. As soon as somebody calls them out they run like scared rabbits. Not just this site but the world in general doesn't need guys like yourself to step aside. We need you to continuing stepping up. Hope you stick around and continue sharing your wisdom with those of us on here who appreciate it for the right reasons.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Keyboard Warrior. No face to this terd, guaranteed.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

CS Marine stick around. There was one that was on here that really used to chap my butt. But he did not last and neither will this mess. This is the last decent fishing forum. And we can’t afford to lose your input. Hang in there with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Beard

Last Post On This Site

Post by Red Beard »

Cool.
Last edited by Red Beard on April 15th, 2020, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

I certainly wouldn't let the words of someone on a fishing Forum offend me.
Just ignore them, they are not worth the effort.