Memorial Day

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Memorial Day

Post by Red Beard »

Happy Memorial Day y’all. Let’s not forget to take a moment from our bbq’s to remember those who never made it home to their loved ones.

Honored and lucky to come from a line of military veterans who made it home to hang up their uniform. But my heart goes to the wifes, husbands, mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters that were not so fortunate.

Because of their selfless acts of bravery and commitment to their country we can continue to enjoy our great nation under God.

This is not a holiday meant for mattress sales or reckless boating sand bar parties. It’s a day of remembrance of sacrifices made and I will honor my fellow countrymen and never take them for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Memorial Day

Post by silverking »

Very well said, Red Beard, from one Navy vet to another.

I have been flying my flag all weekend long to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our nation free. They must never be forgotten.

There is a grass roots movement to take place today at 1500, or 3 p.m., across the country. Those who can play a trumpet or bugle are asked to stand outside and play Taps as a tribute. It would be very special to hear those notes echoing throughout the neighborhoods and landscapes.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Red Beard

Memorial Day

Post by Red Beard »

silverking wrote:Very well said, Red Beard, from one Navy vet to another.

I have been flying my flag all weekend long to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our nation free. They must never be forgotten.

There is a grass roots movement to take place today at 1500, or 3 p.m., across the country. Those who can play a trumpet or bugle are asked to stand outside and play Taps as a tribute. It would be very special to hear those notes echoing throughout the neighborhoods and landscapes.
I’ve listened to taps a few times today... putts chills down my spine every time I hear it. Got chills just typing this thinking about the beautiful somber song..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk