Venice La. trip advice

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

KLONG
Site Sponsor

Venice La. trip advice

Post by KLONG »

Planning a two day inshore trip to Venice next May. Will be four guys targeting reds. Have fished twice in La. but never at Venice. This trip we want to stay three nights in Venice and don't want to drive after we arrive. Need advice on charters, lodging, good food, etc. Thanks , Keith.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Venice La. trip advice

Post by silverking »

Capt. Ryan Lambert runs a quality operation in Burus. I've stayed and fished there. Top-notch guides, food and lodging. They advertise Venice on their site. Basically the same waters.

https://www.cajunfishingadventures.com
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Ton of info in the Gulf Coast section on THT. Lots of reviews/conversation/ pricing, etc.
All photos copyright @saverymill
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

Fish Intimidator (504) 416-6731 Look for them on Facebook Captain Ron Price Great place to stay, great food and great fishing!
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

We fish every year in Buras in the spring and do the blast and cast during duck season. I cannot say enough good things about Captain Patrick Dickinson (Dixie Outfitters) 504-329-2224. Fishes out of a 25 foot blackjack. Great boat and great guy. We catch a lot of fish and he is super with kids and novice fishermen. His cousin is Jacques Blaize (Blaize Charters). We stay in their lodge and do the all inclusive trip. Give these guys a call or check out their websites/facebook pages. Awesome trip.
CalGarretson

Post by CalGarretson »

This is our guy and after trying several, I don't see us changing unless he changes up what he does.
http://www.blaizecharters.com/

Great guides who are a lot of fun.
Everything but the alcohol is included and the food is off the charts.
The truth of the matter is that all of the guides over there can fill a box of reds, the fishery is just that good.
It is all the other parts of the trip that make it worth it.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I fish there a few times a year. This Lodge has a restaurant in the parking lot, and a small commissary downstairs and is about as far down in Louisiana as a civilian can go unless you stay at a fish camp on the water. If you need anything else the dollar store is about a mile away. Lots of great guides there but I carry my own gear and fish in a number of spots west of the Mississippi. There are some places north of West Pointe a La Hache that you can stay on the water and some look sketchy but are very secure. I know some great guides there that can fill your cooler or put you on the big girls that are just fun to catch and release and you can fish in a boat or a kayak or both.