Covid at JR's

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Covid at JR's

Post by Steve Stinson »

I received the following Facebook post from JR's Store this morning - JR’s Aucilla River Store
13 hrs · Shared with Public
Public Announcement‼️
We want to thank all of our customers for the continued business and support. At this time we want to inform our customers a friend and frequent customer has tested positive for COVID-19. At this moment we have still been following as many precautions as possible with the shield at the cash register and daily sanitizing times. We have sent one of our own to get tested and will keep everyone updated. We will remain open for the time being. We ask that you use all precautions when entering any public place & to stay home if your sick. Wear your mask and sanitize your hands. If it becomes clear that any of our employees or immediate family members are positive with COVID-19 we will take all necessary precautious steps in cleaning, sanitizing, and providing a safe family oriented convenience store you all know and love.
With much love JR’s Aucilla River Store

I was at their tournament this past Saturday, so I guess I am heading to get tested. :thumbdown: I know there were a few other members of this forum there as well, so pass the word around.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
FishWithChris

Re: Covid at JR's

Post by FishWithChris »

This is unfortunate, but it's going to happen..

My concern is now what their sanitation efforts will be beyond a simple wipe down with some windex. (no idea what their plans are).
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Steve, so you go get tested and get results back +/- ..... how does knowing change your daily routine ?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Well, right now I am not having much luck. I drove to Patients First / Mahan location for rapid testing only to be turned away 2 hrs ago because they can only do 300 tests per day. I was told I need to be there by 6 am in order to make sure I get tested.
FAMU / Bragg Stadium also has a test, but they only do 400 tests per day so I figured they were probably maxed out for today too.

Afterward, I was told by a head nurse at TMH that the closer to the time I think I may have contracted the virus to my testing ,, the more likely I will get a false negative result. Her advice was to wait 5 days before even getting tested and see if any symptoms show up. I was also told that the very first sign of the virus is slightly elevated temperature. So I drove to CVS and purchased a thermometer. My temp was 97.4, so I am a little low if anything with no other symptoms.

I am in the process of extracting myself from my business partnership at Meridian Surveying Inc. and my last day was supposed to be Friday. The folks here at the office don't want me here since I may be sick, so I guess I get to go a couple days early. I will be re-opening another land surveying business in Monticello where I live in the near future.

In the mean time, I am about to get fed up with all of this and go isolate myself on my boat at the coast for a few days.

- Steve Stinson
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I suppose a positive result would force me to seriously isolate and not come in contact with anybody including other family members.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Good luck Steve, I really hope you don’t start feeling sick. Hope you can get a test soon. Fingers crossed man
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

First instinct is to run out and get tested as soon as you can, but based on the nurse's advice - getting tested with less than 5 days between first exposure and testing can result in a false negative. So I guess I wait a few more days and see what happens. JR's weigh in was Saturday evening so Thurs evening will be 5 days.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Four months now.... I handle every dollar and every credit card receipt here in Woodville ( money is nasty ) nothing ! My other two stores, nothing ! To my knowledge no one has been tested so ? I DO know this, during the last four months no one has had even a cold around here, LOL !!! :smt004
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I thought about the same thing. Normally I get sick with a cold a couple times per year around the change in the seasons. Not this year. Too much hand washing and other precautions.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good luck with the testing, Steve. Hopefully you weren't exposed. Every time they think they have a handle on this, another twist or mutation comes along. Crazy times we're living in right now. Hope it doesn't have a negative impact on JR.

And best wishes for the new business. I'm sure it will be very successful, plus much more convenient. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

sorry Steve. Best of luck with the testing and the new business.

I didn't even know there was a tournament last weekend....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Gulf Coast wrote:Four months now.... I handle every dollar and every credit card receipt here in Woodville ( money is nasty ) nothing ! My other two stores, nothing ! To my knowledge no one has been tested so ? I DO know this, during the last four months no one has had even a cold around here, LOL !!! :smt004
I wear a mask when I come in your store in case I have it. Your welcome :wink:
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Cute :smt004
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Gulf Coast wrote:Cute :smt004

I bet everyone that was at JR’s that day would have preferred Mr covid wear a mask. What do you think?

And you are right about money. It is nasty. Gas pump handles also. I wore gloves to pump gas way before covid, especially on the way to fish. Gas is hard to get off of your hands.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

I think we have different opinions on the virus.