CCA Big Bend Chapter On-line Auction

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

CCA Big Bend Chapter On-line Auction

Post by silverking »

The physical 2020 Coastal Conservation Banquet has been cancelled. There is still a way to support this non-profit organization and bid on some great stuff this week.

With over 95% of our annual fundraising coming from banquets and events, Banquets provide CCA Florida with the funding needed to continue conserving and protecting Florida's marine habitats and coastal environments. CCA Florida's success relies on our events.

We have come up with a way we can still have a CCA Fundraiser in a SAFE way!

Que the CCA Drive-Thru Banquet!

You can bid in the silent auction as you would at the in person event.

To register, simply text BigBend20 to 76278

*Note* Bidding OPENS August 10th at 8am

Bidding ENDS August 13th at 8pm. Pick up your items at Academy Sports in Tallahassee on Saturday, August 15th from 9am-12pm.

The online silent auction is FREE to participate in, so please share this information with all of your fishing friends. Your friends must register themselves. DO NOT share your link or they will be bidding with your name.

Items up for silent auction include rods, reels, tackle, boating accessories, home decor, sportswear, art and trip packages. There's something for everybody.

Thank you for your support of CCA Florida!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
leonreno

Re: CCA Big Bend Chapter On-line Auction

Post by leonreno »

You need to talk to ever is in charge of the auction that if they want more bids they need better descriptions on the item’s pages. Several rods and other items have no description of size and weight or even spinning or casting if the picture is not wide enough to see the whole rod. They have a PowerTech propeller listed with no bids at $350, but the only description is “PowerTech Propeller”, is this for a specific prop with a specific pitch or does the winner get to pick a prop and pitch from their catalogue? Something I would want to know before bidding $350.
geofish

Post by geofish »

I agree, I bid on a couple things but a lot of other stuff I just couldn't be sure what I'd be getting.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Totally agree, guys. I thought this was done in-house, but they have a third-party on-line company handling it and the descriptions and photos leave a lot to be desired.

Will pass on to the Regional Director these comments.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

leonreno wrote:You need to talk to ever is in charge of the auction that if they want more bids they need better descriptions on the item’s pages. Several rods and other items have no description of size and weight or even spinning or casting if the picture is not wide enough to see the whole rod. They have a PowerTech propeller listed with no bids at $350, but the only description is “PowerTech Propeller”, is this for a specific prop with a specific pitch or does the winner get to pick a prop and pitch from their catalogue? Something I would want to know before bidding $350.

I bet the pt prop is the prop of your choice. The reason I went with them is because if you get the wrong one, they will let you switch it until you get it right. If you can get one for $350 you should take it
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The regional director appreciated the feedback and said they would address those concerns moving forward. Hope those of you who bid won your items. Thanks again for supporting CCA Florida!