Forum access

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Forum access

Post by Cranfield »

I have problems accessing the Forum sometimes, it comes up on my browser as "not secure" , but other times I get on quite normally.
I get the same reaction whether I use Edge, Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Its not a major problem, but it does mean that I arrive a bit late on some topics.
Perhaps its because, "I ain't from around here". :-)
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Forum access

Post by silverking »

The unsecured web site banner pops up for me, too, Cran. It means the web master has not completed a certification that labels the site as legit and safe. It also takes awhile for the site to load sometimes. That's more a function of internet connection and older software, I believe. Others more computer-savvy may have a better explanation.

And I don't think you qualify as a Yankee, so your home waters shouldn't be a factor. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

what SK said for me also
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

It's not you, it's how Barry has the forum setup, it doesn't have a ssl certificate setup for the login page or it has been installed the cache not cleared. It just means your login data is sent unencrypted to the forum when you login, it's not ideal but as long as you are not using public WiFi it's still reasonably secure. The SSL cert is required to encrypt the login information between the login page and your computer and the server otherwise it's sent in plain text that anyone can read.