A different kind of trout fishing for once

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

Re: A different kind of trout fishing for once

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Two day trip to the norfork and then the white riverImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

A visit that saw three boat plants and my first small mouth from the 11 point riverImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Bull shoals dam and the trout museum, what most don't know is the dam created a world class trout fishery but killed the best small mouth fishery on earthImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Went fishing on the norfork and due to high water levels they generated all night so I ended up going to the current river in Missouri instead and went to echo bluff afterwardsImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

I’ve caught more trout on the Norfolk than any place I’ve ever fished. The white would run a close second. I was wading the white one morning and had a heart attack several years back. Haven’t been back since. In Arkansas, San Juan Worms and Green Butt Soft Hackles always worked best for me. Early in morning egg sack flies were good.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

sundown wrote:I’ve caught more trout on the Norfolk than any place I’ve ever fished. The white would run a close second. I was wading the white one morning and had a heart attack several years back. Haven’t been back since. In Arkansas, San Juan Worms and Green Butt Soft Hackles always worked best for me. Early in morning egg sack flies were good.
Man I hate to hear that, a friend of mine went fly fishing in Alaska and had a heart attack right after the bush pilot had left.