RIP James Bond, 007

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

RIP James Bond, 007

Post by silverking »

Sir Sean Connery has passed at age 90. He had a remarkable film career but will forever be Bond, James Bond, OO7. Bet he's enjoying a vodka martini, shaken not stirred, right about now.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: RIP James Bond, 007

Post by GaryDroze »

Among my boys' high school cross-country teams that took names and kicked butt all over Florida circa 2000, there was a constant lively debate over Alpha Male of the silver screen. It always came down to Sean Connery versus Brad Pitt, and Connery generally won. I'll drag my arse through a cross-country tribute run to Sir Sean tomorrow,
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice humble brag Gary :lol:

Rip to the one and only 007
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

silverking wrote:Sir Sean Connery has passed at age 90. He had a remarkable film career but will forever be Bond, James Bond, OO7. Bet he's enjoying a vodka martini, shaken not stirred, right about now.
I'll bet he's drinking that martini with Pussy Galore! My favorite actor of all time. RIP
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Full disclosure: My TCC men's team are also big fans of the Original Bond film star...and we just got last in our conference meet.

I heard during a Connery tribute that Ian Fleming was originally opposed to a Scotsman playing Bond, but was so impressed by Sean Connery's performance in Dr. No that he infused Scottish descent into his Bond character for subsequent novels. That's some appreciation.