While I prefer Humminbird products....

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

Re: While I prefer Humminbird products....

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Just saw this on FacebookImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I wish I had room for an Elite 9 but I need the 7".
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
geofish

Post by geofish »

I run an elite ti2 9 inch. Offshore I like to put downscan in the middle zoomed in on the bottom along with sidescan on either side. So I added a cheap Galaxy tab-a 10 inch tablet to my dash to show navionics charts.
Inshore I just use the elite.
Lots of bargains on this unit since the Elite FS came out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

geofish wrote: March 6th, 2021, 6:15 pm I run an elite ti2 9 inch. Offshore I like to put downscan in the middle zoomed in on the bottom along with sidescan on either side. So I added a cheap Galaxy tab-a 10 inch tablet to my dash to show navionics charts.
Inshore I just use the elite.
Lots of bargains on this unit since the Elite FS came out.

I have the same set up (less the tab-a) on my bay boat and want to do away with the Humminbird Helix 7 I have on my skiff and put an Elite ti on that one too but the 9" Elite is just too big for the console so I need an Elite 7 ti2. They may go down soon with the new FS series being out already but I've been looking but can't find any bargains just yet. Why are the Elite 9's cheaper than the Elite 7's?
geofish

Post by geofish »

Has anyone tried the Lowrance ActiveTarget Live? It's supposed to work with HDS or Elite FS, but is it a separate module or a new transducer? What would it be good for - inshore/flats? Seems pricey

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

geofish wrote: March 6th, 2021, 11:31 pm Has anyone tried the Lowrance ActiveTarget Live? It's supposed to work with HDS or Elite FS, but is it a separate module or a new transducer? What would it be good for - inshore/flats? Seems pricey
I've been curious about this too. If I understand it correctly, it's both a module and a transducer that works with the HDS or Elite series and lets you see fish actually swimming or chasing your lure . Not sure that's a fact but I have noticed most of the pro bass fishermen are using it so maybe there's something to it.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I doubt it would be very effective on the flats in the shallow water, it's range would be very limited, 4x the depth.