Rain Lilies / Swamp lilies

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pastorterry

Rain Lilies / Swamp lilies

Post by pastorterry »

I saw a post that had a picture of the lilies that bloom in the ditches this time of year. Are they blooming pretty well everywhere right now? The wife and I were thinking about driving down for a day trip to see them. She has never been down this time of year. But it is a long way (12 hours round trip) and I wanted we would be able to find them. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Re: Rain Lilies / Swamp lilies

Post by Fish Masterson »

Yes, they are plentiful right now. Not sure if they are 12 hours worth of pretty though.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
STMU

Post by STMU »

I'm assuming given the drive time that you are north of here, and I am guessing you can find swamp lilies much closer to home if that is all your after. I've floated the Chattahoochee and Flint numerous times and they can get quite thick up there too. The hooch above Walter F George and Harding, and the Flint from Sprewell Bluff down Blackshear. I bet you can find them in Alabama or even around Atlanta as well, but I haven't floated any of those personally to know.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Some close to the Wacissa River head right now. :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

I know where there is one small patch near Monticello Ga on Highway 83. I have never seen any more up this way (I live in Morgan County). But the trip was worth it. We drove south on Metcalf Road below Thomasville and they were thick. I had never been there when they were like that. The wife and I really enjoyed them. We made a meandering drive back north and saw a good many as far west as Adel and as far north as Tifton. But none were like they were around Metcalf. I hope that I will have the boat next time I get that close!!! Thanks for the feed back. Blessings
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)