Pole Barn/Metal Building Recommendations

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PhishingNole

Pole Barn/Metal Building Recommendations

Post by PhishingNole »

I need to build a pole barn or metal building to house a 26 hp. Kubota Tractor, a few implements, a SXS, along with other smaller items. I'm planning on putting a lean-to on the side to serve as a boat storage cover. The primary purpose is storage to keep these things out of the weather. Won't really serve as a workshop or need strong security.

Currently debating a metal building vs pole barn with metal siding.

Also trying to decide if the value of concrete is worth it.

Of course, all of this is personal, but what did you all choose and why? What would you recommend? Who in the Wakulla area would you recommend buying a kit/install from?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Pole Barn/Metal Building Recommendations

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Bought a 24x36 pole barn kit from Gulf Coast Lumber. Later had a slab poured. Then hung siding and had Rose City hang a garage door. Gemeni ran pier for me. Two boats, tractor and zero turn and a bunch of Rubbermaid’s on shelving fully protected. Only bad decision was 10’ tall. Gave me a 9’ door so a fixed t-top won’t fit...made hanging siding by myself possible though. I could handle 4’ pieces on a ladder, not 6. Big advantage to wooden poles was ease of framing.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.