Which maps are best

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pastorterry

Which maps are best

Post by pastorterry »

I am getting ready to buy a map package for my Lowrance hook 7 TS. Looking for recommendations. Need lakes and costal included.
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Which maps are best

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I'm 99% sure you would need 2 map card s to swap back and forth to get fresh and saltwater maps unless you buy the whole state of florida on florida marine tracks. I don't think they work with the hook series though.
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

FMT does not cover inland lales, only the coastal salt. Takes 2 cards, north and south, to cover entire state. I think you are correct that FMT will not run on Hook.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Navionics plus covers coast and lakes BUT does not have satellite overlay. Also I am not sure if it is compatible with the Hook TS series, you might have to contact Navionics or Lowrance.
The Platinum Plus has satellite but not lakes. You might try contacting Lowrance. They might be able to help.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

My dad just upgraded to Florida Marine Tracks and it seems to be pretty precise. Has a bunch of rocks marked that I didn't know about. We haven't taken it into the rock garden or the east river yet, but we are planning to soon to see just how good it is.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

The Hook 7 barely has the processor speed to run the Navionics Plus maps, but luckily they are great maps and will serve you well. FMT is great but you have to have a larger screen and more power to run it.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Jawjadawg

Post by Jawjadawg »

Cool feature that I learned recently - you can import waypoints from google earth into your chartplotter. I was a little disappointed with the detail on chartplotter - not as good as Navionics app on phone - but this feature is handy for charting routes through places like the East River. There are several youtube videos on the transfer process.
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

Thanks for all the feed back! Blessings
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)