Fish bit someone at St marks sandbar

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Re: Fish bit someone at St marks sandbar

Post by Red Beard »

Salty Gator wrote:Are y’all catching the puffers on live bait? We’ve been fishing the refuge every weekend since March ( too windy to get offshore) and haven’t caught a single one. Plenty of reds and trout, but no trash fish.
Consider yourself lucky. I’ve been catching them on artificial. Watched one chomp down on my hooks and bend them beyond repair, while trying to de-hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PhishingNole

Post by PhishingNole »

Salty Gator wrote:Are y’all catching the puffers on live bait? We’ve been fishing the refuge every weekend since March ( too windy to get offshore) and haven’t caught a single one. Plenty of reds and trout, but no trash fish.
I can't get out if the damn things. They've destroyed a bunch of tackle and a net for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

eightwt

Post by eightwt »

PhishingNole wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:13 am
I can't get out if the damn things. They've destroyed a bunch of tackle and a net for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
They do a number on fly's also.