Deleted

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Deleted

Post by procraftwes »

Delete
Last edited by procraftwes on May 24th, 2021, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Don't get gas at the sunoco in Woodville for awhile

Post by procraftwes »

To be clear i'm not putting someone's business "on blast" or airing out a grievance. Bad gas can happen anywhere and i'm sure they'll take care of it but just wanted to let people know that it has water in it "for now".
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Well, that guy is a forum member, so hopefully he chimes in and lets us know all is clear.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
TheReelPapaSquat

Post by TheReelPapaSquat »

I appreciate the heads up and didn't see it as an attack on a business. Same thing happened to me a few years back taking the amily on vacation to the mountains. Got out of town after filling up and truck started skipping and running bad. We managed to salvage the trip, but it was a bad start. Ive been back to that particular station since. I also let them know so they could contact the supplier.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Thanks for the heads up. It happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Is it the marine fuel or the reg. fuel ? I'll check on it first thing A.M.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Gulf Coast wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 4:30 pm Is it the marine fuel or the reg. fuel ? I'll check on it first thing A.M.
Reg fuel.. 87 octane.

I also want to have a disclaimer that while I suspect that's the case nobody can be 100% sure. It's also possible my fuel water separator just simply filled up and started pumping water.

I pumped the fuel out and there was alot of water in the tank. Once again can't say 100% sure.
squiffynole

Post by squiffynole »

The bad gas is a shame, I'd be very unhappy and I'm sure that is the last thing the business wanted.

Let me take a moment to ask - where is a good location to purchase non-eth along the Woodville Highway route? I'm up here in northern Leon and like to gas up on the way back home.

Thanks.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Just got finished checking all my tanks/fuel.... No water, not even a bit. DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE is who to call to report
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Possible you have a leaky cap getting humidity in there ?

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

squiffynole wrote: May 24th, 2021, 9:12 amwhere is a good location to purchase non-eth along the Woodville Highway route? I'm up here in northern Leon and like to gas up on the way back home.
I usually get Non-E gas for the boat at Gulf Coast because they normally have the best shrimp around as well. San Marko Shell on the corner of Woodville Hwy and Capital Circle has non-e.

Freebirds at Crawfordville Hwy and Wakulla Springs Rd has three grades of Non-E if you need some higher octane.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Gulf Coast wrote: May 24th, 2021, 12:43 pm Just got finished checking all my tanks/fuel.... No water, not even a bit. DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE is who to call to report
fair enough like I said it could be anything and while I suspected it was your pumps you have no reason whatsoever to tell me otherwise.

If anything I need to take a hard look at the boat and the fuel cap to make sure something isn't going on.

Feel free to ask for this post to be taken down. i'll edit it as much as I can.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

ropeman wrote: May 24th, 2021, 1:24 pm
squiffynole wrote: May 24th, 2021, 9:12 amwhere is a good location to purchase non-eth along the Woodville Highway route? I'm up here in northern Leon and like to gas up on the way back home.
I usually get Non-E gas for the boat at Gulf Coast because they normally have the best shrimp around as well. San Marko Shell on the corner of Woodville Hwy and Capital Circle has non-e.

Freebirds at Crawfordville Hwy and Wakulla Springs Rd has three grades of Non-E if you need some higher octane.
I'm definitely going to check.. anything is possible.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

procraftwes wrote: May 24th, 2021, 9:01 amI pumped the fuel out and there was alot of water in the tank. Once again can't say 100% sure.
When you say a lot of water how much are you talking about? pint, quart, gallon?
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

ropeman wrote: May 24th, 2021, 3:58 pm
procraftwes wrote: May 24th, 2021, 9:01 amI pumped the fuel out and there was alot of water in the tank. Once again can't say 100% sure.
When you say a lot of water how much are you talking about? pint, quart, gallon?
At least a gallon. I pumped out 12 gallons stopping every gallon or so and dumping the fuel water separator which would be about half full but towards the end it only had a few drops per gallon. At this point it's just a matter of checking the separator after every trip to see how much is in there and deal with it.

I was wrong about how much I pumped and it was actually around 20 gallons. I burned some before the fuel water separator filled up and passed it through(I assume).